Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
It appears that they teach the wrist on hip method a little differently than I do. I teach my guys to actually put their wrist on their hips and cant the gun so that the slide doesn't catch the clothing. The female instructor appeared the have the bottom of the mag in her stomach.

I'm not a fan of that bent arm hip shooting. To each their own.

The simunition training with the knife is good. But I don't know why they were all retreating to the rear. I teach my guys to change the angle as they shoot. This way the BG is taking rounds and has to try and change his direction. The way they were doing it is a good way to get stabbed.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
If you learn to ignore your sights and become accomplished at point shooting, you become more adaptable to the 'real world'.
Can you imagine using you sights in a Wally World car jacking or an attempt to take your wallet and life in a dark part of the 'underworld'?

Good luck!:blink::yup::blink:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
That's how I now shoot my LCP and Seecamp. The LCP has tiny sights and the Seecamp has none at all, but I'm pretty good just instinctively point shooting them.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Interesting to see different disciplines. Thanks Matt

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NY 27 makes some good points, and I teach point shooting in a slightly different manner.
But I have mentioned Ulf and the Swedes so often I thought some may find it interesting to finally see him/them.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ulf was talking how this is based on reality as opposed to the range.
Most of the officers were rookies, with less than two years on the street, and were stating how they had never had any training in this method at the National Academy and were very pleased with it.
Here is the outline that I used to trained Ulf and his people in both handgun and subgun a few years back:

http://kilogulf59.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=handgun&action=display&thread=114

1 - 8 of 8 Posts