1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
617 Posts
I can't believe you can get a 1.0 for under $200 after rebate. I paid $350 on a Black Friday special shortly after it came out and thought I stole it. This is by far the best bang for the buck for a quality CCW IMO. I had one and sold it. Maybe now it's time to jump back in.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
I can't believe you can get a 1.0 for under $200 after rebate. I paid $350 on a Black Friday special shortly after it came out and thought I stole it. This is by far the best bang for the buck for a quality CCW IMO. I had one and sold it. Maybe now it's time to jump back in.
Good Gracious yes. You could even buy an Apex trigger kit for it and only have $275 or so in it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
About two months ago, the local LGS that I frequent had a Shield .40 on consignment, with 7 extra 7-round magazines, for $199.00 out the door. That was hard to pass up, and being one of the few remaining .40 fans around, I snagged it. I bought one of the Shield 45s a few years ago when they first came out, and bought a few mags from eBay to go with it... after that experience, I realized that I would pay that much for magazines and the pistol was essentially free ;-)

I had previously steered away from.40 Shields due to the perception that they would have a "snappy" recoil, however on taking the new member of the flock to the range, it proved to be an excellent shooter, and is now my choice for "discrete" carry.

·
Premium Member
7,287 Posts
Academy Sports has the Shield EZ for $229 after the $50 rebate - on their Black Friday flyer
https://gun.deals/product/academy-sports-outdoors-black-friday-2019-sale-flyer?utm_source=forums

AND if I read the Flyer right, you also get an Academy $50 gift card as an extra bonus. IF that if right, it brings the Shield EZ price down to $179 (plus tax and background check).

I might have to get a second one. Gramps is going to think I've totally lost my mind.

ETA: Gramps said GET IT!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
2.0 is $279 after rebate at palmetto state armory. Missed the rebate by that much (Get Smart if you are old, anyone remember what he carried?)

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I purchased my 1.0 Shield from KYGUNCO... For $249.00 shipped.. My $50.00 rebate is being processed... I have owned a 1.0 & 2.0 , I traded them both . Paid low , traded high ... I honestly couldn't tell difference in the trigger , for my use , that is ..
But again I like my stock Glock 43 stock trigger ;-)

The 1.0 for $2 bills is a smoking deal on a great pistol !!!
image.jpeg

·
Registered
228 Posts
2.0 is $279 after rebate at palmetto state armory. Missed the rebate by that much (Get Smart if you are old, anyone remember what he carried?)

I dont remember what he carried.....but I can still picture 99 :danceban:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
He carried a shoe phone!

Actually most of the time it was a .38 snub nose, either a Detective Special or Model 36

Attachments

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Wow, I have all of the Shield but if it going to be this low I can see another one in my safe.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
My local LGS quoted me a price of $380 out the door (6.5% NC taxes included) for a M&P .380 EZ for my wife (I am thinking of getting her one for Christmas). Minus the $50 rebate, that's $330.
If I order one online, the going price after rebate is $300. Taxes and $30 FFL fee make it higher by about $20. I dunno. I'm still on the fence -- she might not like it, even though she says she'd "feel better" having a pistol. Aaaack.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
S&W has done a great job with the M&P line up the past few years- The fact you can get into a quality compact this cheaply makes me want to grab a couple just because I can.

Reactions: bigpapa
1 - 19 of 19 Posts