Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Remember, Eric Holder is (and is in his heart) a prosecutor. Prosecutors don't want any laws that hinder their prosecutions.

I should add that it is a bit surprising that the DOJ would go after "stand your ground" laws following the Zimmerman case when such laws were never invoked by the defense of Zimmerman. Another example of grandstanding for political purposes.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Of course he is. He's a liberty-hating anti-gunner of the most extreme order. Doesn't surprise me a bit. His colors were clear before he even got hired by the People, recommended by the chief liberty-hating anti-gunner in office right now. Both are giving Chuckie and the Wicked Witch a run for their money, on this score.

As ever, it certainly behooves a person to be seen as the GG in a situation. SYG statutes don't really change that. Nor do "Castle" laws. One's actions do. And given the "reasonable man" standards and burden of proof for probable cause that exist throughout the states' statutes, there's no real getting around the fact that a person's actions need to be basically justifiable and reasonable, in order to withstand scrutiny. If he truly wants to criminalize everyone, perhaps he should make a push to zap the "reasonable" language in favor of a more absolutist approach that demands retreat unless you're actually expired, in every situation up to that point. He can't possibly want us to become Britain, in regards to SD, so perhaps that'd be a "good" middle ground. :tired:

Holder, you can't hold your own on this topic. You're out of your depth, buddy. :yup:

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
Eric's time would be better spent finding out who dropped the ball in Benghazi or who in the IRS needs to be prosecuted for outrageous misuse of power.

He has to deflect the attention from the administrations wrong doings and now he has his new "cause". I expect him to be like a dog with a bone over this "Stand Your Ground" issue.

·
Registered
42,129 Posts
Remember, Eric Holder is (and is in his heart) a prosecutor.
Eric Holder is a grandstander who is making his play for future positions..

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
One of these days he's gonna screw up and mix a couple of his personal stories and say something like, "You know, border patrol agents should run whilst being fired upon."

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have watched Holder on some of the meetings with congress,such as drones,F and F,etc.I don't remember seeing anyone else,that a yes or no answer,seems to be really difficult..He has no more business,being AG,as i do.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Eric's time would be better spent finding out who dropped the ball in Benghazi or who in the IRS needs to be prosecuted for outrageous misuse of power.

He has to deflect the attention from the administrations wrong doings and now he has his new "cause". I expect him to be like a dog with a bone over this "Stand Your Ground" issue.
Yep, he's like a good little doggie who sees a good thing, and who's being given marching orders to meddle in a garden-variety state crime/trial in which the feds have zero place to be involved.

As ostensibly the nation's chief law enforcement geek, he's got far bigger fish to fry. Like avoiding running afoul of the Constitution; like holding his own staff to lawful actions; like ceasing breaching of his sworn oath to protect and defend; like focusing on the business of the office as though it were a job to be done, instead of treating it as a bully pulpit for destruction of the Constitution at everyone's expense. And he's got to play interference for his boss's failings in these areas (many of which have come to heavy scrutiny in recent years). But, ignore the duties, flout the authority and defecate on the people while being there, and you'll risk the outraged ire of the citizens who're are footing the bill of having you anywhere near our Constitution.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts

His sole purpose for existing is to divert attention from real problems of the administration. Lap dog of the first order.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
In support of Holder he probably has no idea what "stand your ground" means. Too busy to read. This second term of Obama and his cronies will seem like dog years.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

Oh, he knows exactly who dropped the ball. He knows everything, that's why Obama can't get rid of him. Holder is the giant shield that catches all of the stuff that is flying at them.

I can see it now. Sharpton and Jackson and the NAACP get on board, because SYG is RACIST! Our evil racist culture forces more blacks into lives of crime and violence, so the SYG laws disporportionately will lead to the deaths of more blacks than anyone else... so SYG is racist by its very nature. :blink:

In reality they don't like SYG because it decreases the number of people on their dole, so they have less people under their influence.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Why was Mr Holder not charged with the death of a Border Patrol officer when there was intent to give guns to known felons. So we have some one who has no respect for law looking into some one who has been cleared and not hid behind some one else

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Someone should tell that spittle driveling buffoon(Holder) that even the UK is finally waking up to the fact that "duty to retreat" is for the birds and liberals.

NRA-ILA | UK Judges Revive Right to Self-Defense

From link;

When British couple Andy and Tracey Ferrie were arrested in early September on "suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm," after using a registered shotgun to fight off a pair of home invaders, self-defense proponents in the U.S. and across the pond feared the worst. After all, in the U.K. the right to self-defense has been degraded into near non-existence; made apparent by the infamous case of farmer Tony Martin and incidents like that of British TV personality Myleene Klass. However, in a rare bout of sanity, U.K. officials have dropped all charges against the Ferries and sent a warning to would-be criminals, in what will hopefully serve as a blueprint for how such cases are handled in the future.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
They have a spot on the attorney general website for comments, tell him to stay out of Florida and stop trying to usurp state law. They need to work on their own self imposed problems. Like continuously lying to congress.

1 - 20 of 212 Posts