Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was look at holsters and i seen a few that look like underarmor shirts with holsters on the side are they any good?

·
Super Moderator
50,583 Posts
Works for some, not for others...just like every other kind of holster rig.
If you have the body type for it...try it.:blink:
Only you can tell...:yup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k thx i was wanting to get one but i wanted to hear others thoughts on them before paying 70$ for it

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
What brand are you asking about? I have a few 5.11 holster shirts that work very well in certain situations. They are a little "itchy" at times but fill a niche that other holster options dont.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
I tried a rather expensive one. It did not do well with a large gun. If the t-shirt was too loose, the gun flopped around. If the t-shirt was tight enough to hold the gun in place, it was hard to breathe.

I went this route:
SpecGear TRUSS Holster Tactical Belly Band Undercover Weapon System for Law Enforcement
Has a reverse cant for the crossdraw that helps hide a large grip. Has multiple extra pockets for mags, etc.

Here is a lighter alternative, but one which wouldn't hold my XD-45 compact extended mags. They were too top-heavy for this one, and they would fall out. If your XD45 is a compact, it won't hold your mags. If your .45 is not a compact, it might hold them. It's a cheaper alternative than the above, although you will get less extra pockets. Also, the grip cant is forward so the grip will print sooner than if you were using the Truss.
#234 DeepConcealment Shoulder Holsters
I think I found it for $35 + shipping somewhere else, but I don't remember where I bought it.

A third option is one I haven't tried, so I don't know much about it. The first two need a t-shirt underneath, or they will irritate your skin. This one is advertised as non-irritating, so supposedly you can wear it next to your skin:
Deep Conceal, The Best Little Holster you will Never See

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Never had one although I don't much care for restricting garments. I suppose if you're in really good shape and it's not hot in your area, why not? Still, I can't imagine it being very comfortable for anything more than 20-odd' ounces.
Regards,

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
How bad is your B.O. and how badly do you either want to launder the same shirt every evening or buy 7 of them for $70 each? :biggrin2:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
How bad is your B.O. and how badly do you either want to launder the same shirt every evening or buy 7 of them for $70 each? :biggrin2:
+1 !!! Also think as Saber that it would only be good for a LW mouse weapon.

·
Registered
601 Posts
QK beat me to it. I like the carry style (works great for business casual type of dress), but I sweat too much. I eventually settled on this:
Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster

It carries in the same position, but you have a shirt between you and the holster. It only needs to be washed about once a week. I carry my GLOCK 36 in it with no problem.

·
Registered
276 Posts
EXODUS beat me to it by a mouse click. I bought the elastic chest band with the shoulder straps in the Deep Concealment Model. I are a big boy but can comfortably conceal a full size 5" 1911A1 by tucking it into the space just under my left arm with the barrel pointed down. The end of the barrel on my longslide (6 inch) has a tendency to touch my belt some of the time. I got black and white but if your only going to wear it over a white tee go for two white and one can be in the wash while the other is doing its' duty.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have also looked at these. Though the one with 2 mags, cuffs, flash light, knife and gun was cool and I bet heavy and probably hot. If I was a LEO I might need that kind of rig... The plain ol belly band didn't work for me, thought I would die it squeezed me so bad, couldn't breathe, maybe I used it wrong, tried it high and low and nada. My other hang up is trying to draw from that kind of cover. I wear shirt and tie, a suit coat some, tucked in polos alot, untucked polos some and t-shirt occasionally... A tuckable IWB holster has worked great for me!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
There's a guy on another forum who raves about these:
A Better Holster

I haven't tried one myself (have thought about it) but I think as others have mentioned, how well they work will depend on the size/weight of the gun you want to carry.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I might give one of those Better Holsters a try.

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
These days I can only tolerate loose fitting 100% Cotton in Summer.
On super cold days in Winter a shoulder rig works great for me.
AKA easy and quick access without having to clear away a lot of coat at the waist.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I bought one of these at a local gun show:

http://www.concealmentt.com/index.html

I was really dissappointed, they sag real bad even with my xdsc9. The lady that I bought it from advised me to get one size small to help with support, but the pistol still sags and I have to use my weak hand to hold down the shirt so I can draw. Needless to say, I never use it. BTW, it's made of cotton, so I don't know if maybe the spandex types work better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts