Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tactical 22LR? :blink: Oh well, Wally World had 300 rd box for $19.97. :danceban:

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
You talking about this stuff: CCI Ammunition - Product Detail

That's a bit better price than I paid in 2015 for a box. Not that I ever see any in the WWs here.

Reactions: CWOUSCG

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the stuff. If any tactical squirrels come my way watch out! :rofl:

·
Banned
122 Posts
Dang that's a great price. Academy had it for 23.99 which is the cheapest I've seen. I've put 500+ rounds of it through my AR22 and my Walther 22 without a glitch. That's all I'll use now. Good stuff.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it comes out to .06 per round so just average price wise. But its pretty good ammo. DR
Lowest I saw on gunbot was .08 and I just got an email from Patriot for WW Super X for $9.50/100 so I figure this was the best I'll do for now anyway. If Sister had been with me we could have gotten 2 boxes!

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
If I understand the marking claims it is claim to be a little bit clener and more ok on feeding in semi autos then bulk ammo ..Ie better coating on the bullet and such

But it could all be markting

·
Banned
122 Posts
If I understand the marking claims it is claim to be a little bit clener and more ok on feeding in semi autos then bulk ammo ..Ie better coating on the bullet and such

But it could all be markting
I can tell you after 2000+ rounds shot with many different brands the "tactical" 22lr has shot the best. Zero failures in 500+ rounds with it alone. The other brands all had random failure to feed, failure to eject or flat out failure to fire. The Walther P22 has been flawless with this brand and is just fun to shoot (as all 22's are IMO). YMMV, but in my experience there is a marked difference.

I have a PMR and find the same with CCI 22 magnum. CCI is good stuff.

·
Super Moderator
18,034 Posts
You never know when you might run into an armed prairie dog.

790122Varmitrifle.jpg

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Geez, I remember WWB 9mm at $0.11 ea. Now .22 is creeping up to that. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can tell you after 2000+ rounds shot with many different brands the "tactical" 22lr has shot the best. Zero failures in 500+ rounds with it alone. The other brands all had random failure to feed, failure to eject or flat out failure to fire. The Walther P22 has been flawless with this brand and is just fun to shoot (as all 22's are IMO). YMMV, but in my experience there is a marked difference.

I have a PMR and find the same with CCI 22 magnum. CCI is good stuff.
I've shot so many different brands of ammo in my lifetime I can't even remember the names of them anymore and I can't recall any of them giving me issues in any gun I've had. Tactical is an advertising strategy and has nothing to do with quality of ammo.

My Dad gave me a PK22 that he swore would only work with CCI Stingers, I cleaned and lubed with TriFlon and it shoots just fine with whatever. I do know my .22 rifle likes Remington best other than that I shoot what I bought on sale.

·
Super Moderator
19,884 Posts
That's a good price on some very good ammo - the most accurate HV stuff I've shot in my 10/22s.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts