Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,253 Posts
While I have not attended TDI I have not heard bad about them from people I respect.

IIRC Dave Spaulding teaches there at times, or did at one time. He's a first class act. If it was my money I would have no reservation with parting with it to learn at TDI.

Biker

·
Banned
5,253 Posts
You may want to PM Sixto, as I believe he is familiar with TDI, or at least may know more about them than I do.

Sixto isn't doing anything, being that he's sitting at home in a cast. :smile:

Biker

·
Registered
272 Posts
On the topic of Firearms training, has anybody heard of Front Sight Firearms Institute in Las Vegas? (Front Sight Firearms Training Institute). I'd never heard of them but they started advertising on talk radio in the Washington DC area, which I found suprising and mildly amusing. Anybody know if they are decent/legit?

·
Banned
5,253 Posts
On the topic of Firearms training, has anybody heard of Front Sight Firearms Institute in Las Vegas? (Front Sight Firearms Training Institute). I'd never heard of them but they started advertising on talk radio in the Washington DC area, which I found suprising and mildly amusing. Anybody know if they are decent/legit?
I thought everybody had heard of Front Sight?

While I have not attended any courses there, and most likely won't, I can't give an opinion on them. Anything I say will be hearsay, but I do understand that they come with some "baggage".

There are too many "top name" and very good "second tier" schools to even consider one that has "baggage". Clint Smith is in OR and Gunsight is in AZ. That's enough to choose from as far as I'm concerned.

Remember, if you are subjected to a courtroom over a shooting, your training will be called into question. Not only that, but so will the reputation of those that trained you. That gives me pause in whom I consider training with.

Biker

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thanks Biker for that background. I wasn't considering them but more just curious (and suspicious) because they were advertising on the radio. I would think a quality school would stand on reputation and word of mouth and not need to advertise on mass media to get enough students to stay in business.

That said, I've read a lot of Massad Ayoob so when I can carve out the time & money for a course it will probably be at LFI.

·
Banned
5,253 Posts
LFI is great.

It took me twenty years to get there, but well worth the money. I did "cheat" though, as I too had been reading Mas for a long time before I took the class.

I'm looking to do LFI II, but I also want to take some other courses, with different Instructors. Now that I've laid the "foundation" so to speak with training outside of my various employers, I'm starting to spread my wings a little.

Biker

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have taken two classes from TDI, and plan to take more as time & finances allow. The first was their Defensive Knife course given at the Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy, and a 2 day snubbie revolver class last May. Ed Lovette was supposed to guest instruct but had to cancel due to illness. Both classes were excellent. A number of the students had taken multiple classes there.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
You may want to PM Sixto, as I believe he is familiar with TDI, or at least may know more about them than I do.

Sixto isn't doing anything, being that he's sitting at home in a cast. :smile:

Biker
Yeah, I'm here. :embarassed:

Anyway, I'll vouch for TDI anytime. They are a 1st class outfit. I highly recommend taking the block of classes, you will get more out of it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Since this is the same subject, Can I ask about Tactical Response in Camden? The do mobile classes where they go to different locations.

Tactical Response

My bro lives in Nashville so I may be able to do that and work in a visit to my bro.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Since this is the same subject, Can I ask about Tactical Response in Camden? The do mobile classes where they go to different locations.

Tactical Response

My bro lives in Nashville so I may be able to do that and work in a visit to my bro.
TDI is a good place to go.:ziplip:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts