Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Myself and a friend are taking the ADE course this 26th of February. I think I got the training bug and am now looking for outer training courses. Wife and I are already planning on the 4-day Handgun course @ Front Sight. What other facilities / training establishments travel to the NV/CA area? We are also looking to attend a course with FTA in Corona CA.

~A

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Apachon,

What types of courses are these?

Shoot-n-scoot
Tactics
Shooting skills development
Concealed carry oriented

After I relocate I may be looking at the western schools for some training.

-Scott-

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scott, the ADE course description is as follows:

American Defense Enterprises offers this introductory course designed to teach and develop the fundamental handgun skills necessary should a lethal confrontation arise. Whether you are a citizen interested in self-defense or an experienced special forces operator, the basic handgun skills are exactly the same. Those who take this course will be trained to a substantially higher level than the average police or military unit. Whether you are a new shooter or one with years of experience, your skills WILL significantly improve or A.D.E. will refund your money.

DON’T JUST OWN A GUN - BE PROFICIENT WITH IT.

This is a fast-paced LIVE FIRE combat course which takes you from the basics up through the defensive use of the handgun. Your training includes the following: Safe gun handling
Marksmanship - hitting your target fast and accurately
Fighting stances - defending against attack from all sides Holster presentations - presenting your weapon rapidly Controlled pairs - dramatically increase follow-up shots and rate of fire Shooting from the “ready position” (the most used combat position) Tactical reloading, emergency reloading, and malfunction drills After engagement actions
Lectures - situational awareness, ballistics, incapacitation, failure to stop

Your gun handling, accuracy, and tactical skills will improve dramatically!

Scott said:
Apachon,

What types of courses are these?

Shoot-n-scoot
Tactics
Shooting skills development
Concealed carry oriented

After I relocate I may be looking at the western schools for some training.

-Scott-

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scott if you venture out this way, give me some heads up on the Vegas or Cali side as I might join you. I can tailor my schedule to whatever I want so I will be taking a lot of classes.

~A

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
APachon said:
Scott if you venture out this way, give me some heads up on the Vegas or Cali side as I might join you. I can tailor my schedule to whatever I want so I will be taking a lot of classes.

~A
I will let you know. The move isn't until August and I don't know what the job situation will be yet, so it may not be this year. However if things work out in a perfect world sort of way it could be this year. I'm working on it.

-Scott-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts