Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly a Zombie Killing knife, but a darn good deal. This is just like the regular Swiss Champ only no pliers. That doesn't bother me too much as those small pliers have very limited utility. Go buy an $8 pair of needlenose pliers to keep with it if you want the full package...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009KF4GG/sr=1-1/qid=1129490122/ref=sr_1_1/002-8297186-1143261?_encoding=UTF8&n=15670211&s=sporting-goods&v=glance

I've ordered two. One for sure will be a Xmas gift, I may keep the other one or give it away. Not sure yet.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Good price Euc - indeed Victorinox must be the world's single biggest seller of multi knife things. Interesting prog' on History Channel recently on the company's history - goes back IIRC over 100 years.

Plenty of functions on that beauty.... about 15 to 18 probably.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
raelly liked my swiss army kniffe, till I got a Leatherman. Now I carry a gerber multi tool.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I was lucky to get a NIB Wave from a guy on THR year or two ago - it replaced a very inferior Chinese ''offering''. I like it a lot, very strong, enough features and the pliers are excellent - probably use those more than anything.

Coupla pics below - difficult to take pics because so reflective and needs special light set-up really - these look a bit dark. Folded size BTW is 4" x 1" x 3/4".

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My actual carry, every day, is a Leatherman Blast. I'm thinking about getting the new Surge to replace it.

However, I think that the SAK format makes some of the tools a lot easier to use, and it does take up less room with the same number of features.

Until I started to carry, I carried both a SAK and a Leatherman tool because, like I said, some tools are easier to use in one format or the other, plus I often found I needed two tools at the same time, such as a screwdriver and a small blade. I consider myself slightly handicapped that I can only carry the multitool now.

I travel with a Swisschamp, and I keep SAKs all over the place. Honestly, the only thing the Leatherman does for me is the full size pliers.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I am a huge fan of Victorinox's Climber. I'll bet I have five or six of them. It has all of the commonly needed tools, without being overly bulky.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the victorinox version of the leatherman. We just call it the "swiss tool" It has seen MUCH duty around my home, and is as good as the day we bought it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts