Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An item I found via another forum unrelated to CCW or tacticool...

It is reported that 50% of people in London are worried about security and sleep with some form of self-defence to hand, for use against intruders.
The 'Safe Bedside Table' has a removable leg that acts as a club and a top that doubles as a shield for self-defence.
This is for people who are willing to take on an intruder, providing an extra sense of security whilst in bed.

Materials: Cherry and steel.

©James McAdam 2002

http://www.jamesmcadam.co.uk/portfolio_html/sb_table.html

- Janq

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
ban tables in England!:blink:

Welcome Jang.

·
Super Moderator
25,558 Posts
rocky said:
ban tables in England!:blink:

Welcome Jang.
Don't give them any ideas!:biggrin2: I just saw something on another site about the British Police thinking about starting to go armed. I thought that was kind of ironic...... After all, no one has guns anymore..... Right?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Looks like a decent defense for those who aren't allowed to have anything else. :frown: Of course, I wouldn't be surprised when those get banned, too.

:sheep:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Well here's an idea. What if we change the bat into a remington 870 and line the table top with kevlar and you might have something.:image035:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Welcome Jang :smile:

Certainly - for the oh so safe gun-free society, that could come in handy, hoping of course it would not have to do much bullet stopping! Might be a bit Medievil but hey - back in those days they had some pretty effective weapons!

Jeep's suggestion has more of a ''ring to it'' LOL!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Don't shoot me Mr. bad guy, or I will beat you with my nightstand!

If its for the UK, they need to make a version that uses a cricket bat.

·
Administrator
143,816 Posts
The Tactical Table

The only problem with the Tactical Table is that if the Bad Guy enters your bedroom without waking you up you've just given him a handy, heavy, baseball bat to club you over your sleeping head with...like a baby seal.

The US version would need to have multi~layers of Kevlar laminated to the table top "shield" to render it bullet proof.

·
Registered
181 Posts
thats a good idea to make it a cricket bat, because then it is not purely for defense and it has other purposes. Governments like to ban things that are purely weapons.

I would much rather have the US version with the 870 and kevlar shield

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dingle1911 said:
thats a good idea to make it a cricket bat, because then it is not purely for defense and it has other purposes. Governments like to ban things that are purely weapons.
As a table is serves a non-SD purpose... keeping a Gin and Tonic within reach :image035:

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
I wonder if it comes in tactical black? I never cared for tactical cherry.... :smile:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
QKShooter said:
The only problem with the Tactical Table is that if the Bad Guy enters your bedroom without waking you up you've just given him a handy, heavy, baseball bat to club you over your sleeping head with...like a baby seal.
But QK, a regular table offers that. There's about 25 objects in my living room alone that could be used that way...

Honestly what crook is going to take the time to closely examine your furniture like that anyway?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not to take this post too seriously, but that shield has "wrist breaker" written all over it. The bottom part of the table/leg junction is right over the wrist. A solid blow to it and and you are now only 50% combat effective.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hey...when all else fails, resort to the club:haha: I think it is a neat idea. I keep one in my car, sort of looks like a tire beater the truck drivers use!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts