Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Well I can't carry where I work, and getting different job is not an option at this point unfortunately. Also while I can carry a knife at work, I sometimes travel on an airplane so that is out of the question for the most part!

So, I've been thinking of getting a tactical pen as a discrete yet effective personal defense option while I'm at work. What models do you guys/gals recommend?

I know there are TONS of different tactical pens out there... and I'm not sure which one I want! What is a good tactical pen under $50 and is very durable and effective as a defensive weapon? Writing qualities are secondary on this... I always have other pens on me that I would probably be using to write most of the time anyway. However, I do sometimes get wet and a pen that won't bleed all over the place (also in case I run it through the wash machine) would be nice, but again strictly not necessary.

I am brand new to the world of tactical pens and quite frankly, I am both heavily intrigued and heavily intimidated at the same time, and don't want to end up getting a junk pen or something that I will regret if God forbid I ever need to use it to defend myself or others with.

Thanks so much for your time guys, and have a great day! :smile:

·
Banned
1,353 Posts
Fortunate for you I happen to sell the most stealth Tactical Pens on the market. They look like ordinary pens, but they're highly Tactical because, well, I called them Tactical. They're available in 4 different ink colors to increase their tactical stealthiness.

The price is $39.95 each, or the four color set for $200.

tacticool pens.jpg

How many sets can I put you down for? :image035:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Personally, I don't understand why you would sell any color other than black....

Fortunate for you I happen to sell the most stealth Tactical Pens on the market. They look like ordinary pens, but they're highly Tactical because, well, I called them Tactical. They're available in 4 different ink colors to increase their tactical stealthiness.

View attachment 99156

·
Registered
33,909 Posts

View attachment 99156

If they can't do a tactical backflip they are way over priced.

Reactions: Hatrix

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I carry an S&W everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RickyD

·
Banned
414 Posts

View attachment 99156

i'll take four sets but i want them all tactical black

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Since you carry one daily. .. what can a "tactical" pen do that a regular pen can't?

I carry an S&W everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,338 Posts
Hey guys!

Well I can't carry where I work, and getting different job is not an option at this point unfortunately. Also while I can carry a knife at work, I sometimes travel on an airplane so that is out of the question for the most part!

So, I've been thinking of getting a tactical pen as a discrete yet effective personal defense option while I'm at work. What models do you guys/gals recommend?

I know there are TONS of different tactical pens out there... and I'm not sure which one I want! What is a good tactical pen under $50 and is very durable and effective as a defensive weapon? Writing qualities are secondary on this... I always have other pens on me that I would probably be using to write most of the time anyway. However, I do sometimes get wet and a pen that won't bleed all over the place (also in case I run it through the wash machine) would be nice, but again strictly not necessary.

I am brand new to the world of tactical pens and quite frankly, I am both heavily intrigued and heavily intimidated at the same time, and don't want to end up getting a junk pen or something that I will regret if God forbid I ever need to use it to defend myself or others with.

Thanks so much for your time guys, and have a great day! :smile:
I use this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007DCCOFW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TSA has never had an issue. It's in my bag. Really, it's just a cool pen made of aluminum.

·
Administrator
143,352 Posts
I have an UZI pen. The one with the additional glass breaker. Don't bother with the one that has the DNA Collector end. If somebody gets stabbed with a pen there will be more than enough available DNA already present without the need for a collector. :biggrin2:
I picked this one mostly because of the heavy knurling which I do like. There are other great pens out there though and all will likely serve the same possibly useful purpose. My better half has one also clipped to a purse pocket.

I think it cost $17.00 something on Ebay. I am happy with it.

·
Premium Member
7,338 Posts
Since you carry one daily. .. what can a "tactical" pen do that a regular pen can't?

Break bone, puncture a cheek and knock out a couple of molars, and generally cause much more pain than a Bic.

Fun drill. Buy a tactical pen and a bic. Grab your wife by the arm, like you are accosting her. Have her lightly stab your forearm with the end of a tactical pen. See if you can hold on or if your reflex is to let go. Then do the same with a capped bic (nobody carries a bic without a cap).

There's a difference. Tactical pens inflict a lot more pain than regular pens given a same amount of force.

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
My boss gave me a S&W tactical pen for Christmas last year. I carry it every day. It's a solid piece with a pointed end. It would be very effective as a weapon in several ways.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts