Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know these kind of questions get asked all the time. But I am soon to be heading home from this deployment and I really want to get my wife into some self defense classes like fighting pistol.

I have no doubt that I could teach her some of the things that would be covered in this class, but I feel that they may cover it in more depth and in a manner more suited for first time students. I just feel that she may get better results from someone that does this for a living.

My question is this, in my hometown there is a company named Tactical Responce, they train locally and they also travel all over the U.S. I have talked to local guys about the instructors but I was wondering if anybody else has heard of Tactical responce or not??

Anyway guys, just thought I would throw that out there and see what kind of replys I would get..

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
I've heard lots of variations on the name Tactical Response in either the tactical equipment industry and training industy... You got a website link on them?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Getoffthex.com

Did a class this year in June. Highly recommend them.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tactical Response

they sell alot of gear as well, but they offer training classes also.
They are based out of Camden TN

I think getoffthehex is the same group of guys if im not mistaken

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
I've trained with them. Outstanding folks! If they are in your hometown, I encourage you to just stop by and meet them. Check out their facilities. Join the LiveCloud Login forum and read up on their After Action Reports from folks that have trained with them. I am an Alumni of Fighting Pistol and plan to take more training with them. JMHO...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've trained with them. Outstanding folks! If they are in your hometown, I encourage you to just stop by and meet them. Check out their facilities. Join the LiveCloud Login forum and read up on their After Action Reports from folks that have trained with them. I am an Alumni of Fighting Pistol and plan to take more training with them. JMHO...[/QUOTE

I have spoken with some of them, I know many of them as well.
I do not have any experience training with them though.
Talking with them and knowing them is completly different from knowing what their classes are like..

I do plan on putting a little more research into this matter though..

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Kelly,

I visited their website and have been there several times before. Their instructor bio's seem to be first rate.

If you are a Marine, then you know good training from bad, so, all I can say is lay your money down and give them a shot. I have considered attending one of their courses myself, but have several others I would like to attend first, like LFI 1 or ones locally in my home State.

I'm betting if you are truly disappointed with their training and can point out why, they'll refund you or do their best to make you whole.

If not, then I just gave you bad advice and for that I apologize, Sir.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kelly,

I visited their website and have been there several times before. Their instructor bio's seem to be first rate.

If you are a Marine, then you know good training from bad, so, all I can say is lay your money down and give them a shot. I have considered attending one of their courses myself, but have several others I would like to attend first, like LFI 1 or ones locally in my home State.

I'm betting if you are truly disappointed with their training and can point out why, they'll refund you or do their best to make you whole.

If not, then I just gave you bad advice and for that I apologize, Sir.
Well Bark'n, i must say that all of your reply's and posts that i have read i truly cannot recall you giving bad advise....

I think I have heard enough to make my decission, and have read their AAR's and talked to some of their instructors personally..

All I need now is to just get home so I can attend one...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I took their "Fighting Pistol" class this past summer in Mincy, PA. Good class, no complaints.

I plan on taking their "Fighting Rifle" class next year.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have taken a class from them when they were on the road and found it to be very good.
There was a woman in our class that had almost no handgun shooting at all. She came at the last minute when her husband couldn't. They worked with great care with her and even gave her some extra help during lunch break. She was shooting and handling her weapon so much better after just a few days.
I will train with them again.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Tomorrow I will sign up for their October Fighting Pistol class. I live only 30 miles from them.

·
Banned
159 Posts
I took their Fighting Pistol Class, and highly recommend them.

I also highly recommend taking their "The Fight: Force on Force Class".

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I've taken Fighting Pistol twice as well as Advanced Fighting Pistol, and "The Fight" (my reviews of the classes can be found in this section). Learned a lot and had a blast, I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I can't help on evaluating Tactical Response, but I will affirm your choice to not try to teach your wife yourself. Not that you're not qualified, but MOST times, our wives will learn better from a third party.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I know I know these kind of questions get asked all the time. But I am soon to be heading home from this deployment and I really want to get my wife into some self defense classes like fighting pistol.

I have no doubt that I could teach her some of the things that would be covered in this class, but I feel that they may cover it in more depth and in a manner more suited for first time students. I just feel that she may get better results from someone that does this for a living.

My question is this, in my hometown there is a company named Tactical Responce, they train locally and they also travel all over the U.S. I have talked to local guys about the instructors but I was wondering if anybody else has heard of Tactical responce or not??

Anyway guys, just thought I would throw that out there and see what kind of replys I would get..

Thanks
YES, I have not only heard of them, but I have met the guy who runs the place. (I know his name, I will not print it in public, if you want to know it or the whole story, PM me) After sitting through one of his "lectures" and his many many stories about his time in the middle East as a civilian contractor, I would suggest to anyone interested in going through self defense training to find someone else. I was not only not impressed by this guy but he struck me as being less than honest, if you get the meaning.

just my opinion here but, nothing this guy said seemed realistic to me, and he just had the feel of a guy I would not want teaching me anything.

·
Registered
94 Posts
There's a good article on Tactical Response in the September issue of SWAT magazine. Covers both Fighting Pistol and Advanced Fighting Pistol.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can't help on evaluating Tactical Response, but I will affirm your choice to not try to teach your wife yourself. Not that you're not qualified, but MOST times, our wives will learn better from a third party.
I totally agree with you on this one, I know I am capable of teaching her, I just honestly think she would be more receptive to a third party.

Im still undecided at the moment about this course. I still have another 27 days here, so i will do more research and give this matter more thought

1 - 20 of 28 Posts