Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this article and just made me think. A bit pricey but…

Tactical Rabbi Selling Shabbat Clothing For Armed Ultra-Orthodox Jews

Wonder if @Mike1956 ordered his already.

Where there is a need, there are always ideas.

·
Registered
5,775 Posts
Unfortunately I think if my rabbi found out I had a gun period, I'd likely be looking for a new synagogue. How American Jews came to be so suicidally progressive and hoplophobic is truly amazing.
I would say that it is rooted in self hatred.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Unfortunately I think if my rabbi found out I had a gun period, I'd likely be looking for a new synagogue. How American Jews came to be so suicidally progressive and hoplophobic is truly amazing.
Same, I cannot fathom how they got there. If anyone deserves a free rifle and 1,000 rounds of ammo it is any Jewish citizen.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
I do enjoy seeing how the Jewish community in ultra liberal cities that are very anti gun, (NY), show up armed in force when tragedy strikes their communities. I occasionally see pics of fighting aged males pulling security with carbines out in front of The Lord, authoritarian politicians, and everyone. That’s pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
39,010 Posts
I would say that it is rooted in self hatred.
It's rooted in the progressive ultra-liberal belief that being anti-gun is the moral and religious high ground.

As an afterthought, what, precisely is your experience and expertise regarding Jewish "self-hatred"?

·
Premium Member
39,010 Posts
Saw this article and just made me think. A bit pricey but…

Tactical Rabbi Selling Shabbat Clothing For Armed Ultra-Orthodox Jews

Wonder if @Mike1956 ordered his already.

Where there is a need, there are always ideas.
I'm good with what I've got, but thanks for the thought.

·
Premium Member
39,010 Posts
I'm fairly secure in that regard. Our rabbi is a 1099 employee with no voice in board matters.

·
Premium Member
39,010 Posts
I do enjoy seeing how the Jewish community in ultra liberal cities that are very anti gun, (NY), show up armed in force when tragedy strikes their communities. I occasionally see pics of fighting aged males pulling security with carbines out in front of The Lord, authoritarian politicians, and everyone. That’s pretty cool.
While Judaism is rife with ideals, it can also have some pragmatic outlooks.

Many congregations, particularly the large prosperous ones have gone to hiring cops in light of the publicized attacks.

·
Premium Member
39,010 Posts
Did anyone else notice the RMR, suppressor-sights-equipped hog leg coming out of that holster in the ad? Nice.

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
How American Jews came to be so suicidally progressive and hoplophobic is truly amazing.
The same can be said for many catholics as well. Both groups have had a long history of suppression and aggression against them proving the wisdom of some of the teachings in regards to being prepared to handle the trouble that will seek us.

Right now, look at how both groups are being aggressively persecuted in many parts of the world. Even in the US the open attacks against both groups has been getting worse. More so against the Jewish community.

·
Premium Member
39,010 Posts
IMO, many American Jews drink of the same Kool-ade trough that American Blacks do. Small wonder, given both groups' historical background.

The Progressive wing of the Democratic party, starting way back with LBJ, have successfully convinced both Blacks and Jews that Republicans and all that they represent are racist, oppressive and evil. With the party of choice come the platforms of that party. Guns bad, white people bad, progressive extremism good...

·
Registered
11,863 Posts
The same can be said for many catholics as well. Both groups have had a long history of suppression and aggression against them proving the wisdom of some of the teachings in regards to being prepared to handle the trouble that will seek us.
In our small town in Utah, many of the Catholics who attend the church my wife attends, are very conservative and believe in the right to self-defense and go armed. Although you must have permission from your pastor to carry in church, and the priest here will not grant that, I know that many of the people who attend the Catholic church are in fact armed every Sunday.

·
Premium Member
39,010 Posts
In our small town in Utah, many of the Catholics who attend the church my wife attends, are very conservative and believe in the right to self-defense and go armed. Although you must have permission from your pastor to carry in church, and the priest here will not grant that, I know that many of the people who attend the Catholic church are in fact armed every Sunday.
Ohio law is similar, leaving it up to the individual houses of worship to decide if carry within the premises is legal, or felonious.

I'm thinking that the gooey Republicans want it both ways if something bad happens by shifting responsibility to the institution, however things shake out. Somebody shoots up a bunch of defenseless kids or congregants, hey, we gave them the option of defending themselves and they declined. Some unauthorized congregant or staff member has an AD, lock them up and throw away the key.

Reactions: OD* and G26Raven

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
While Judaism is rife with ideals, it can also have some pragmatic outlooks.

Many congregations, particularly the large prosperous ones have gone to hiring cops in light of the publicized attacks.

When I went back to Chi-Raq for my nephew's Bar Mitzvah, I was surprised that the synagogue had armed security. I grew up in that synagogue, and back then no one ever dreamed of armed guards. I asked one of the guards why he was there. He said a group of neo-nazis had moved in about 5 miles away and there were threats. The guard did not know I was armed, but I kept my head on a swivel, even why I was the Bimah for my nephew. If my sister knew I was armed, she'd freaked. My wife knew and my dad knew.

I am the black sheep of my family. I'm armed, a conservative, a member of the NRA, and I vote Republican.

·
Registered
11,863 Posts
I am the black sheep of my family. I'm armed, a conservative, a member of the NRA, and I vote Republican.
I'm exactly the same. And I worked as an oilfield diver, when my folks thought I should have been a doctor or a lawyer.

And worse, I hunt, which most of my Jewish relatives think equates with being a barbarian. (Of course, I used to be a Santa Barbarian, so I guess that's appropriate.)

·
Registered
281 Posts
While I'm neither Jewish or Catholic I am a believer in Jesus Christ and we see the same division in our non-denominational church. There are a lot of people that carry concealed at for quite a while we had a part time LEO for a security guard and many saw him as the threat. I thought that was quite odd with him working as a weekend reserve officer. Out of approximately 300 in our congregation I personally know about 30 that carry concealed every Sunday and I can only think there are others that I do not know about.

Sadly too many people, due to political beliefs, have come to believe that it is the gun that is evil and not what lies in a man's heart.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
39,010 Posts
When I went back to Chi-Raq for my nephew's Bar Mitzvah, I was surprised that the synagogue had armed security. I grew up in that synagogue, and back then no one ever dreamed of armed guards. I asked one of the guards why he was there. He said a group of neo-nazis had moved in about 5 miles away and there were threats. The guard did not know I was armed, but I kept my head on a swivel, even why I was the Bimah for my nephew. If my sister knew I was armed, she'd freaked. My wife knew and my dad knew.

I've been to synagogues in Columbus, Ohio and the DC burbs since the Tree of Life shootings. They have all had a uniformed police presence.

My entire family and congregation know my political views. To a person, they have the good sense to not attempt any debate with me. No one, not even my wife knows with complete certainty whether I am carrying at any particular time. She assumes that I am, but cannot state definitively. Once the temple board authorized me to carry, discussion on the matter ended. Honestly, I don't believe they give it any thought. Out of sight, out of mind. "If they knew" would put many venues and social circles off-limits to me.

·
Premium Member
39,010 Posts
While I'm neither Jewish or Catholic I am a believer in Jesus Christ and we see the same division in our non-denominational church. There are a lot of people that carry concealed at for quite a while we had a part time LEO for a security guard and many saw him as the threat. I thought that was quite odd with him working as a weekend reserve officer. Out of approximately 300 in our congregation I personally know about 30 that carry concealed every Sunday and I can only think there are others that I do not know about.

Sadly too many people, due to political beliefs, have come to believe that it is the gun that is evil and not what lies in a man's heart.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
For me personally, that is disturbing on a few levels. Here's to hoping that they have all had some training beyond the NRA Basic Pistol course.

Reactions: OD*

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
And worse, I hunt, which most of my Jewish relatives think equates with being a barbarian. (Of course, I used to be a Santa Barbarian, so I guess that's appropriate.)
I like that. “We rob, pillage, and give out Christmas presents”.

:D

1 - 20 of 74 Posts