Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because we need to think everything through & train, practice and train some more until we find what's most comfortable to us.

Two vids that I think warrant thought

The first discussion is buckshot

Reactions: darbo

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How to reload your defensive shotgun

·
Registered
681 Posts
I really enjoyed that second video. It will be nice to practice those techniques the next time I take my HD shotgun out!

Reactions: rcsoftexas

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For me, I can never have too much knowledge or training. Far too many what if's. Sweet set up on KSG for sure.

I have alway's wondered, "What if I need to reload?"

Perhaps one day I will be completely confident 10thmtn. :starwars:

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Every time I see that guys videos It makes me want to build a SBSG.
I feel nothing else will clear the cobwebs or bad intentions from the mind of a bad person intruding better than the obvious sound of a shotgun racking...

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IMO, it depends on the active scenario you find yourself in. Multiple intruders vs. one is a real game changer to take into obvious consideration. A time where 100% knowing the difference is most important.

I'm not the smartest by far but if I found myself in the moment and my judgment agreed with my heightened state of awareness, I would certainly give a quick rack of my shotgun. Without them knowing my many reasons behind my warning, one of which is to say, "do you really want to die today?" Then less probable but possible, the intended effects, will be them running long and far. While my commitment to protecting mine is solid, taking a life, is my last goal in my protection. I will not say please and thank you, outloud anyways.

I have been using Hollywood movies as training devices since the late 70's. I thought everyone does that. Guess I should rethink using those sources. :rofl:

Have you never tapped your bat aginst a counter or floor so they understand what's is coming next? Right before you bash their brains all over the place.

Reactions: OD*

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like Clint's video;

YES, If a shotgun is part of your self-defense collection then you must understand which additional tactical add-ons are best, distance, shot pattern, re-Loading and fighting tactics when empty.

Clint is the man! Nice vid OD.

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
11,168 Posts
For me, I can never have too much knowledge or training. Far too many what if's. Sweet set up on KSG for sure.

I have alway's wondered, "What if I need to reload?"

Perhaps one day I will be completely confident 10thmtn. :starwars:
Of course it's good to practice reloading your shotgun.

My point was that, in the very unlikely event that you run your shotgun dry (as a citizen in self defense), it is probably a lot quicker to just drop it and draw your sidearm...instead of attempting to reload the shotgun. That's all.

I like that he showed a few different ways to do it. I prefer brass up, so the shells don't fall out of my butt cuff or side saddle. I keep extra buckshot on the butt, and slugs in the saddle.

I think some of the techniques he shows are a bit over complicated - I just grab the shell and either tilt the gun to load into the chamber, or insert up into the mag tube. Try different methods and see what works best for you.

I will agree that you will use what is on the gun. You're not going to have time to grab a chest rig or whatever. A home defense shotgun should have a few extra shells on the gun, maybe a light, and that's about it.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
reload? ive got 25 mini buck or mini slug in my KSG! ;)
KSG, a sweet home/defense weapon. 1000 plus or minus. I will have to keep entering raffles and stay old school until I hit the jackpot!

ksg.jpg sbg.jpg sbgdouble.jpg

Reactions: CommonCents

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
It ain't old school unless its got hammers on it :wink:

4.jpg

Here's a nifty video, albeit sans side saddle.
I like the way he single loads and shoots the 1897.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts