Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My normal evening attire is a pair of sweatpants, and I use a double clip kydex holster for carrying my Shield around the house. It is not a great setup, as it is difficult to get the string cinched to just the right tightness so the sweatpants don't sag too much, yet still allow me to get the pants on and off. I have been thinking recently that a pair of sweatpants with belt loops would be great. I might could use a web belt with them. I don't know.

I don't need cargo pockets or anything like that. Just belt loops. Does anyone know if such a thing exists? A quick Google search did not bring up anything.

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Might be easier to just go with a holster that includes a waist strap? 3 Speed holster, or maybe a belly band?

(I'm still giggling about the phrase "tactical sweatpants". IMHO, that ranks right up there with tactical...chapstick. :hand5:)

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I buy sweats with pockets and just carry the 13 oz LCP. I don't think I would like the weight of a Shield. Another poster said they use a N82 holster with sweats as the suede backing adds some friction on the skin to help with the weight and he carries an SR9c.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Might be easier to just go with a holster that includes a waist strap? 3 Speed holster, or maybe a belly band?

(I'm still giggling about the phrase "tactical sweatpants". IMHO, that ranks right up there with tactical...chapstick. :hand5:)
In the end, I may have to go with something like a different holster or belly band. But I want to look at this possible option first.

What? You don't have a special chapstick you use as part of your SD tools? ☺

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I buy sweats with pockets and just carry the 13 oz LCP. I don't think I would like the weight of a Shield. Another poster said they use a N82 holster with sweats as the suede backing adds some friction on the skin to help with the weight and he carries an SR9c.
I don't mind the weight of the Shield at all, but it is obviously too much for regular sweats. I've been getting by, but it is a long ways from being a good setup.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Check out Duluth Trading Company "Souped-up Sweat Pants". They have a build-in nylon web-belt and a nylon quik-clasp buckle. It might be just your ticket! :yup:
I've got a variety of DTC gear, it always performs BETTER than I expected.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Check out Duluth Trading Company "Souped-up Sweat Pants". They have a build-in nylon web-belt and a nylon quik-clasp buckle. It might be just your ticket! :yup:
I've got a variety of DTC gear, it always performs BETTER than I expected.
I will check them out, thanks.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Brother... if you are going to wear sweatpants, just forget about being tactical. Get a shoulder rig if you simply must carry around the house or wear something more conducive to carry. Carrying a weapon is a task, you cant really half apply yourself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wear cotton Russel gym shorts as my typical evening / relax wear. Carry a M&P Shield in a sticky holster. Works fine for what I need it to do.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts