Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Euc reason that was done was to keep from cutting the Frame Tail to fit one properly. 30$ to get the part and basicly drop in

in other words some one was to frigging cheap to do it right

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
There is art and there is ''butchery'' LOL!

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have two Colts with the Wilson drop in safety. They have that same big ugly gap. But, I don't want to cut on a Colt frame and the safeties work just fine. I can return both guns to box stock configuration in a few minutes.
Yes, they sure are ugly. I don't think the 45s notice when they're running that they have nasty gaps at the rear???
I thought about fitting real safeties to them, decided I'm a mechanic more than a gunsmith, and I'll just save my pennies for a year or so and get an Ed Brown 45, which will be nicer than anything I could manage.

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
I knew a girl that had that much space between her two front teeth.:biggrin2:

Better that than butcher the frame with a half~a$$ed fit job.
It's good that the frame is OK so it can either be "put back" with an original Colt Factory Stock Part...or no problems properly fitting a custom GS.

Bruce...you are spending a lot of time over on GunBroker...I hope that you find a good deal on something there. :image035:

·
Super Moderator
22,000 Posts
That is really a nice looking Commander, Bruce.
I guess the seller doesn't know, they never made Series 70 Commanders.

·
Super Moderator
22,000 Posts
Bruce,

I believe he is calling them that to distinguish them from the Series 80. You will not find a Commander marked as a Series 70, because they never had the Series 70 collett bushing (oops, & belled barrel) and that's what makes them a Series 70.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I understand that, and even some later "series 80" models aren't series 80 as they don't have the S80 parts, just the prefix in the serial #. I have noticed that there seems to be alot of variables when it comes to Colt.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bud White said:
true but it aint gonna be me giving my hard earned money till they has some good feedback ...

Not a very trusting type
Neither am I. If he is a honest guy someone will get a good buy on that commander.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts