Defensive Carry banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my rubberized Talon gun grips for both my M&P 40 compact and shield. Install went smooth by following directions to the tee and heat gun at the ready. The added grip is unbelievable and at first I didn't believe it would help but that opinion has changed now that they are installed.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Yep, put some on my M&P40c. For the 40, I liked the added grip for sure. However, on the Shield and my 45 compact, I went the stipple route and I am happier with the result, more traction and won't wear off. And now that Talon is charging $17.99 per set, I was put off. Too much for rubber stickers IMO.

Next best thing I did to the Shield, the XS sights were the BEST thing I have done. Do you like the Lasersight? I have a chance to buy one and have been debating.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at stippling but these Talons are a lot easier and less time consuming as well as not permanent. I haven't shot the Shield yet so I don't know how zeroed in the laser is but being that the shield will be my EDC gun having the laser would be easier to sight in than looking down the sights. Although I love my Trijicon's on the 40c that I would like to get a set for the shield anyways. The 40c will stay at home with the Streamlight micro laser/light on its rail for HD.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
I was looking at stippling but these Talons are a lot easier and less time consuming as well as not permanent. I haven't shot the Shield yet so I don't know how zeroed in the laser is but being that the shield will be my EDC gun having the laser would be easier to sight in than looking down the sights. Although I love my Trijicon's on the 40c that I would like to get a set for the shield anyways. The 40c will stay at home with the Streamlight micro laser/light on its rail for HD.
Please do let us know how the laser works. I had the 15 round full size 40 mag and an X grip on my compact for HD, might want to look into that as well. Can't ever have too many bullets!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yep, put some on my M&P40c. For the 40, I liked the added grip for sure. However, on the Shield and my 45 compact, I went the stipple route and I am happier with the result, more traction and won't wear off. And now that Talon is charging $17.99 per set, I was put off. Too much for rubber stickers IMO.

Next best thing I did to the Shield, the XS sights were the BEST thing I have done. Do you like the Lasersight? I have a chance to buy one and have been debating.
Are those the regular size XS sights?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Please do let us know how the laser works. I had the 15 round full size 40 mag and an X grip on my compact for HD, might want to look into that as well. Can't ever have too many bullets!
I will report back after my next range session... btw I live in CT so I would have to register any mag over the 10rd limit. Stupid Malloy strengthening the guns laws for the abiding citizens... I hope he realizes criminals aren't gonna give to dueces about the laws... which leave us less protected. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Awesome grip, I have the one from PRP on mine XDs which is the same material as the Talon.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I use them on a couple of my carry pistols but I'm bummed to hear they went up to $17.50. They were $10 ea just 4 months ago or so when I bought three sets.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I will report back after my next range session... btw I live in CT so I would have to register any mag over the 10rd limit. Stupid Malloy strengthening the guns laws for the abiding citizens... I hope he realizes criminals aren't gonna give to dueces about the laws... which leave us less protected. Ridiculous.

Of course he won't. Listen to that guy speak.... He could give a rats ass about gun owners period. Hopefully CT voters one term that pos

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I put them on my Shield and I like the added grip. I haven't noticed any discomfort while carrying, either, but that's why I went with the rubber rather than the sand paper.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Are those the regular size XS sights?

No. That is the bigger "big dot". Very good for what my Shield is used for, close in personal defense.

OP, I didn't notice your location. Yea, that sucks about the mag limits, the 40c can be made to be quite the "full size" gun with the right stuff. Looks like you have to settle for rapid mag changes! Good luck and stay safe!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah man getting that muscle memory down with unholstering turning laser on along with rapid mag changes. Still haven't got a chance to test the Shield at the range due to home renovations in progress. Will update as soon as possible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.