Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am begining to dislike semi-autos . My new 9mm will not feed the rounds after about 90 or so run thru . I even ask the gun store/range to try to fire it and no worky for them . Well i'll disassemble clean and try again or should i just send it back to Ruger and let them have it a month or two . Or maybe revolvers are more my speed.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
If you've tried some different ammunitions and other shooters have the same issues you are having, I'd definitely send the gun back to Ruger and let them have a look at it. It's most certainly not normal, nor is it acceptable. Revolvers are great, but they do have their downside and I would hate to think that a malfunctioning pistol would cause you to write off all semi-automatic pistols.

Also, did you try both mags and get the same result? If not, change mags and see what that does. Could be a mag issue and that's a lot cheaper to address than shipping the entire firearm back home for a looksee.

·
Premium Member
8,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i tried the Lg and Sm capacity mags with the same results . I did pass 2 different ammo in it but i put the ammo aside that misfeed and tried a different batch.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Yes i tried the Lg and Sm capacity mags with the same results . I did pass 2 different ammo in it but i put the ammo aside that misfeed and tried a different batch.
Ok, if it's happening with different mags and you get the same feed problems with different brands of ammunition, then I'd put in a call to Ruger. They, as I understand it, take care of their customers...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts