1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
33,925 Posts
Can't use the ones with faces at the public range here. My son can't even use the ones his agency used for qual. So stupid...

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I use cheap paper plates...200 for $3.
I also use paper plates. Nine inchers and six inchers when I can find those. Mostly I use the six inch plates.

·
Premium Member
33,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need bigger targets!
Me, too, especially when I'm doing longer stuff. A pie plate is completely obscured by my front sight past about fifty yards.

·
Premium Member
33,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't use the ones with faces at the public range here. My son can't even use the ones his agency used for qual. So stupid...
Don't want to offend sensitivities, I guess.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
I use the plates because they are cheap, and , provide a target that is in better size proportion to the thoracic triangle.

Since I use a six o’clock sight hold, it works very well at distance.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I use the plates because they are cheap, and , provide a target that is in better size proportion to the thoracic triangle.

Since I use a six o’clock sight hold, it works very well at distance.
Yep!!

Work great for shooting with hunting handgun, too. If you can put'em in the bottom of the plate. you are good to go.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts

·
Registered
33,925 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
Various
15,516 Posts
Our gun club even bans the silhouette targets - no human shapes or pictures allowed.

·
Premium Member
33,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Our gun club even bans the silhouette targets - no human shapes or pictures allowed.
I know the NRA Instructor course I took back around 2011 made a huge deal out of not using silhouette targets in class.

The antis don't seem to like us any better as a result of such policies.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
I buy my targets when I go to the range. The one I mostly use is a scary looking guy with a gun drawn. I should pay attention to the name and number of the target but I ask for 3 scary guys and they know what I want. I have been accused of not being politicly correct and I guess going for head shots on my target doesn't help my case.

·
Premium Member
33,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I buy my targets when I go to the range. The one I mostly use is a scary looking guy with a gun drawn. I should pay attention to the name and number of the target but I ask for 3 scary guys and they know what I want. I have been accused of not being politicly correct and I guess going for head shots on my target doesn't help my case.
How much does the range charge?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts