Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here own one I just bought one blued pro model in 45 acp. just wondering if anyone has any comments on them I cant wait to get to the range and try mine out I've got it loaded with Remington 230 grain Golden Sabre hollow points right now are these as good as Federal Hydroshocks or Winchester Black Talons?
Thanks, :wave:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Scotty - no experience of the 24/7 but I think one or two folks have those or Taurus variants.

Re the ammo - the H'Shocks seem for many to be high on powder burn flash - I favor Gold Dots myself, both for feed reliability and lower flash. In the end tho - as long as the gun eats an HP reliably, that is of course paramount.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Never fired the Taurus. Just make sure you put a few hundred rounds down it to make sure it's reliable before you carry it. Also put enough rounds of your chosen SD ammo to make sure it's reliable in that weapon before you load it up. :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
My .40 has eaten every rock I put into it. Hydroshocks, WWB, Independence, and a truckload of reloads I bought at a gun show. Haven't had the slightest problem with it at all.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
P95Carry said:
Scotty - no experience of the 24/7 but I think one or two folks have those or Taurus variants.

Re the ammo - the H'Shocks seem for many to be high on powder burn flash - I favor Gold Dots myself, both for feed reliability and lower flash. In the end tho - as long as the gun eats an HP reliably, that is of course paramount.

+1 on the GD's...
In addition, you'll find that studies have shown the Gold Dot bullets to suffer from jacket separation/fragmentation than most competitors...
That said, I have my Sig 220ST on right now loaded with 9 Golden Sabers and extra mag with 8 Golden Sabers...

I would imagine that any well tested factory ammo would suffice in .45....

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the millenium pro in .45 and love it. no problems so far and it has ate everything i have found to put through it without a hitch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts