Defensive Carry banner

Taurus 444 raging bull

8443 Views 22 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  ghost tracker
Does anyone on here own one? I'm trying to find some first hand reviews, not a Taurus bashing thread just an honest first hand experience. I'm in the market and looking at the 6.5" barrel for a combo of hunting and camping. Not looking for carry or HD, those I have covered.
Reactions: 2
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
since you are getting a hand cannon anyways perhaps you would want a .454 Casull for hunting ?
Reactions: 1
since you are getting a hand cannon anyways perhaps you would want a .454 Casull for hunting ?
or this Automotive tire Tire Wheel Automotive wheel system Vehicle

Taurus Raging Judge Magnum Review - Guns & Ammo that review use the above to hunt alot seems
See less See more
would a .410 slug out preform a .454 ? they can both fire .45 LC yes?

is that Burt Gummer in your avatar?
would a .410 slug out preform a .454 ? they can both fire .45 LC yes?

is that Burt Gummer in your avatar?
RAGING JUDGE M513 REVOLVER .454 CASULL, .45 COLT, .410 GA - 6 SHOTS Fires 45lc 45 acp 454 and 410

I would go with 454 that round will stop any thing moving on this Continent imop . Esp if you get that hard cast stuff (Man kills charging bear with .454 Casull - The Firearm Blog). I dont hunt or hike in bear country but somethin like a 454 would be a nice back up .

And why this that is brut gummer the man with one of the nicer rec rooms I have seen
there was a thread here just couple days ago where a Taurus Judge went Ka-Boom with .454
I had the fore runner of the Raging Bull. 6 1/2" Polished SS Ported pre-Taurus internal lock model. Ran fine for me, although I admit, I didn't shoot it much. Finally sold it, because I didn't need another safe queen.
I looked at the 454 but I just can't justify it. The 44 seems to be more versatile and cheaper to shoot imo. Although the 454 can shoot the 45lc right?
I looked at the 454 but I just can't justify it. The 44 seems to be more versatile and cheaper to shoot imo. Although the 454 can shoot the 45lc right?
you can use .45LC in .454 and .44 spl in .44 mag

if you are hunting then the difference in ammo cost should be negligible. for target .45LC more common is on par with .44 spl on price.
Does anyone on here own one? I'm trying to find some first hand reviews, not a Taurus bashing thread just an honest first hand experience. I'm in the market and looking at the 6.5" barrel for a combo of hunting and camping. Not looking for carry or HD, those I have covered.
I know this thread is old but I have always wanting the Raging Bull since they first came out. I have a Raging Judge and its great but I just really like the looks of the Raging Bull.

If you bought one did you like it? If not what about it turned you off? I've been thinking of ordering one here lately but instead of opening a new thread I figured I would try and revive this one.

Any and all opinions welcomed. Please have hands on experience though. As much as I like the, I know a guy whose brothers uncles nephews cousins friend saw written on the stall door at a 7/11 "skcus suruat" and then he looked in the mirror and the code was deciphered. So I will never buy one. Nuff said. As great as those type of stories are. I'm really just wanting opinions based on fact from experience.

Thanks in advance everyone!
See less See more
I had one about 15 years ago. It was a great gun. The only grips you could get were the "Decelerator" grips and the were WAY to big for me so I sold it.
Ive owned and owned Taurus revolvers ...I've never had any problems ... But if I was looking at a big bore magnum revolver.. Id take a long look at the S&W 69 L frame 5 shot 44 mag.. Or a SA Blackhawk in 44 magnum .... Or a older Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt for nuclear loads ...

https://underwoodammo.com/shop/44-remington-magnum-220-grain-xtreme-penetrator/

This is great load for hunting with the 44 magnum !
Well, if you've already declared Taurus-bashing as being "out of bounds", then I won't mention being within fart-drift distance from a .44 mag Raging Bull that became, without warning, a Brazilian...hand grenade.

(*in honesty, the shooter said it was flatulence. Had I been on the trigger, I likely would have involuntarily, completely voided myself.) :dunno:
Ive owned and owned Taurus revolvers ...I've never had any problems ... But if I was looking at a big bore magnum revolver.. Id take a long look at the S&W 69 L frame 5 shot 44 mag.. Or a SA Blackhawk in 44 magnum .... Or a older Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt for nuclear loads ...

https://underwoodammo.com/shop/44-remington-magnum-220-grain-xtreme-penetrator/

This is great load for hunting with the 44 magnum !
I mainly like the looks of it. I have a few big bore revolvers and already own a 44 magnum. I have a S&W 629 classic as well as a 4" S&W 500 magnum. I also have a Desert Eagle 50AE but thats not a revolver just a fun hand canon.

The Raging Judge I have shoots 454 casull but I think its bigger than the Raging Bull. I just really like the way the Bull looks I prefer its looks over the Raging Judge.
Well, if you've already declared Taurus-bashing as being "out of bounds", then I won't mention being within fart-drift distance from a .44 mag Raging Bull that became, without warning, a Brazilian...hand grenade.

(*in honesty, the shooter said it was flatulence. Had I been on the trigger, I likely would have involuntarily, completely voided myself.)
One blew up?? Could you show me a link? I don't doubt you but I just want to read up on the details. I will say I have 3 Taurus revolvers but most of my revolvers are S&W's or Rugers but I usually don't run any of them too hot.
One blew up?? Could you show me a link? I don't doubt you but I just want to read up on the details. I will say I have 3 Taurus revolvers but most of my revolvers are S&W's or Rugers but I usually don't run any of them too hot.
Blew up? Fer' SURE!. (I was THERE :yup:) Link? No such thing (at the time, we barely had flip-phones). Factory ammo. Blew-out 1.5 chambers, perpendicular to the target line. Wish I could help ya'.
Blew up? Fer' SURE!. (I was THERE :yup:) Link? No such thing (at the time, we barely had flip-phones). Factory ammo. Blew-out 1.5 chambers, perpendicular to the target line. Wish I could help ya'.
Barely had flip phones?!? That's ancient history! Might as well say "don't buy a Beretta, I saw one of their muskets blow up during the Battle of Waterloo."

:lol: j/k
Reactions: 5
... I saw one of their muskets blow up during the Battle of Waterloo."
Now that you mention it, we didn't have flip-phones there either! And aerial recon was limited to ONE skinny Frenchman is a very small balloon. :hand5:
I mainly like the looks of it. I have a few big bore revolvers and already own a 44 magnum. I have a S&W 629 classic as well as a 4" S&W 500 magnum. I also have a Desert Eagle 50AE but thats not a revolver just a fun hand canon.

The Raging Judge I have shoots 454 casull but I think its bigger than the Raging Bull. I just really like the way the Bull looks I prefer its looks over the Raging Judge.
I've got a Taurus M44 (not the Raging Bull), and I have no real complaints with it, but it doesn't stack up very well quality-wise when compared to the Redhawk, S&W M69, or Dan Wesson. If you already have a 629, you're likely to be disappointed with the Taurus.

Not Taurus-bashing - just my observations from comparing to higher-end revolvers. The M69 sure is a nifty "little" woods gun!
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

I guess this is my revovler of choice .. my GP100 357 mag .. Very nice trigger compfortable grip ... and the 357 mag 158 gr JSP ..works for me ..

And if I felt like I needed more , I will use this ... ,

https://underwoodammo.com/shop/357-magnum-180-grain-lead-flat-nose-gas-check/
See less See more
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.