Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Taurus 85B2 made in 1992, according to Taurus. I like the gun, have had no problems. Bought it used. Anyone else have one,
Like or dislike, problems or none?
Roger

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
I have an 85CH that I carry often, and have had for many years. Not sure what the B2 is.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think the B2 means Blue/2" barrel.

I have the 85CHSS (stainless), 2" barrel and I very much like this gun. I'm reasonably accurate with. I like it so much that I checked out and eventually purchased the 605, blue, 2" barrel. The main difference is that the 605 is a .357 mag. I only use .38. Both are pleasant to shoot. Both of mine are steel.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have the 85UL B2. Like mine allot haven't had any problems with it . Turning out to be one of my favorite carries.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have one. I have owned it for around 15-16 years. I bought it when I was still in school so needed something inexpensive.

A friend of the gunshop that I bought it at, who was a gunsmith, took pity on this poor college student and did a trigger job on it. I picked up some used full size rubber grips for it at a gunshow.

I have never had any problems with it. It is actually a pretty nice revolver and the finish has held up great but it is never carried or holstered on a regular basis.

My wife really enjoys shooting it with standard pressure loads. Only reason I still have it.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I have an 85UL and I use it often. It has become my "car" gun as of late and it has never had a hiccup of any kind in about 3 years and about 6,000 rounds.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Like many above I have M85 but mine is SS in 3 " barrel. I really like this gun, accuracy is acceptable to at least 25 yards and with the SS weight it handles +P well.

It is my choice carry gun.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the 85 ssul and love it. makes a great pocket gun

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I have a 650, 627, 617, and a 605. I use the 627 with 4" barrel for plinking. The others are 2" that I carry for CCW. All are Stainless, have very good actions, handle 357 well, and are easy to shoot accurately. Other Guns have come and gone but, these are keepers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts