Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
There are some people who won't touch a Taurus because it's a Taurus, but I've heard a lot of good things about this gun.

If I'd have and issue with it, it's a weird tweener size. It's either too big or too small. Then again, that may be just right for some (or a lot) of shooters/carriers.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Oftentimes, I have to live vicariously through friends that love brands other than my beloved HK's. With that being said; one of them absolutely loves the Taurus's from their polymer to their revolver offerings. He is a Taurus man through and through and that's quite alright!

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
I haven't shot one, but a lot of people say it is an excellent defensive tool. One that I would not hesitate to recommend. It is very, very hard to beat at the price point.

Thanks for the good review, Howard.

Reactions: Old Man

·
Premium Member
7,150 Posts
Thanks for the comprehensive review. I have a shooting buddy who is ready to move up from her .22 to a 9mm. I sent her the link to this video so she can watch and possibly rent one to try.......if she has not already gone ahead and purchased the Shield EZ in 9mm which she has had her eye on. She did rent the Shield and found out immediately that you absolutely must have a high and tight grip or it will NOT fire due to the grip safety. This makes the EZ guns great training tools but perhaps not reliable emergency use carry guns?

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
My first revolver back in 1977 was a Taurus. Since then I have owned 3 Taurus pistols and the only one I have had problems with ws the 1911 as the hammer would follow the slide home.

Only issue I have with the G2c is that the grip texture is a little rough on my naked skin. It's fine when handling but in an IWB hoslter it grates on my side.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all! Obviously, I only had one copy of the G2c to evaluate, and I did not have high expectations based on my past experience with Taurus firearms. That said, by the time I finished my evaluation, I was quite favorably impressed.

Howard

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Good review Howard, as always.

I'm skeptical of Taurus, as I have have friends and family who've had less than wonderful experience with them. I don't own one myself and likely never will. But the impression I get is that if you have a good one, it'll function well and be a reliable piece. If yours is problematic, it may well never be reliable even after a return for warranty work.

I like the fact that they offer well designed handguns at very reasonable price points. But their quality control and repair issues leave me willing to spend more for a S&W, Ruger, Springfield, Colt, etc.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Thanks all! Obviously, I only had one copy of the G2c to evaluate, and I did not have high expectations based on my past experience with Taurus firearms. That said, by the time I finished my evaluation, I was quite favorably impressed.

Howard
I forwarded the link to your video to my Dad. He bought his first handgun, the G2c, not too long before the whole virus thing started. I knew nothing about them, but I did get to go shoot a few rounds through it Memorial Day weekend. I liked it, and I think he does too, though he has a lot to learn about it. Thanks for the review.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Enjoyable review as always! I’ve had two Taurii over the years, one revolver and one auto. Still have the revolver, not that I sold the auto because it had problems. Just wanted something nicer. I still carry the revolver, particularly if I want to just throw one in my pocket and go.

Weathered a lot of nasty elements, too. Taken every bit of it.

Only complaint is that the trigger is heavy. A Wolff kit fixed that, mostly.

I’ve thought very seriously about getting a stainless PT-100 over the years, since the stainless Beretta versions are harder to find and quite pricy. Threads like these keep pushing me closer to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
for a time Taurus was putting out some real clunkers. They appear to have turned the corner as I have heard nothing but good things about the G2C and the G3. For the price they are going for I don't think you could go wrong. Thanks for the review.

Reactions: Old Man

·
Registered
453 Posts
Taurus now makes an interesting 6-Shot line based on that gun. Maybe Howard should get a hold of one on those and test it.

Enjoyable review as always! I’ve had two Taurii over the years, one revolver and one auto. Still have the revolver, not that I sold the auto because it had problems. Just wanted something nicer. I still carry the revolver, particularly if I want to just throw one in my pocket and go.

Weathered a lot of nasty elements, too. Taken every bit of it.

Only complaint is that the trigger is heavy. A Wolff kit fixed that, mostly.

I’ve thought very seriously about getting a stainless PT-100 over the years, since the stainless Beretta versions are harder to find and quite pricy. Threads like these keep pushing me closer to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Is the Taurus G2C any good? I would say, yes it is. The G2C was my EDC, before that, it was the Taurus PT140, now it's the Taurus G3. Taurus did go through a spell of having some QC issues, but since they did a house cleaning, their firearms are getting very reliable. I have shot a lot through the G2C and have had zero issues, eats everything I put in it. With better ammo, the G2C is very accurate and easy to control. Some folk don't like the trigger, it does take a bit to get use to, but once you do, it has a consistent clean break. I really enjoy shooting it. So when I found the G3 on sale, I jumped on it without hesitation. The G3 does have some upgrades over the G2C, like a wider trigger and trigger safety blade. While the G3 is bigger and more round capacity, it's really not that hard to conceal if needed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here's my review of the G2c. I hope you all enjoy it!

Howard

I have one cause I wanted a beater truck gun. I had to send it back cause it would not feed, slide wouldn't close all the way. And no matter what I do or how I hold it shoots way low left.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
They have a newer model the G3C but I don't know the pricing.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Thanks for another great review @hrfunk. Always nice to be pleasantly surprised when testing a firearm.

I had heard good things about this Taurus and wanted to try one myself. Picked up a used one very reasonably with the question "did someone get rid of a problem?", but it was a great little pistol. Passed it on to someone who wanted a defensive handgun at a low cost who couldn't afford anything else.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts