Defensive Carry banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
They have a newer model the G3C but I don't know the pricing.
MSRP $305, one of the videos I watched said. That's with 3 magazines instead of just two.

Incremental updates to the G2C. The upgrade I like best is the sights, because the Taurus adjustible in it's very proprietary non-dovetail is awful. Now we have lots of options. I'm interested, especially if it's mostly parts compatbile with the G2C.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sadly, every suspected "Straw-buyer" I have ever seen at my local gun store has purchased a Taurus 9mm (sometimes a Ruger 9mm). So I guess that at least they are popular with a certain segment of the population. :(

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I'm a big fan of the G2C/PT111 G2. It's a remarkable gun for the money. The first things I think of when I reflect on the three I have owned and sold/gifted for various reasons, are:

1. I have never had one malfunction despite shooting them dirty and running every different brand of 9mm I could find.
2. I bought mine around the same time that I bought a Gen 3 Glock 26. The Glock was an utter jam-o-matic, so I ended up carrying the Taurus the entire time I owned the Glock. I finally got the Glock running reliably with some aftermarket parts and sold it. The Taurus stayed in the rotation for a while until a buddy offered me a great trade on a G19 for it. The deal was too good to pass up, but I bought another Taurus G2C shortly thereafter. That G19 is now gone, but I still have the G2C.

·
Registered
778 Posts
My wife loves her G2C. Its very accurate and has been flawless through 300 rds. I replaced the sights with steel ones, and also installed a stainless steel guiderod through lakeline. That being said, I would wait for the G3C with all of the improvements. Tenifer/teflon finish, steel sights and guiderod. It also has an improved trigger. Good luck!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Taurus just came out with the G3C... I'd get that over the G2c.. No loaded chamber indicator, takes Glock sights, has a better trigger, unlike with Glock and the G2C, it ships with steel/metal sights, and has a few other upgrades...

·
Registered
747 Posts
I got rid of a Taurus PT 24/7 two tone 45 ACP handgun a few years ago just off the fact of reading reviews on how many problems this particular platform was having. The one I owned did not give me one iota of trouble and was probably the most accurate of the 45 ACP handguns I owned. I regret selling it period.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Good friend is supposed to pick up a G3C next week. Not sure what he paid but it was less than MSRP. I'm sure I will get to shoot it eventually this summer. He got it to keep in the center console of his truck.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Anyone have a lot of rounds through a G2C? How do they hold up?
I have just over a thousand, logged over about a year. Seems to hold up OK. I get the occasional light strike failure to fire. I'm using ammo handloaded by myself.
Like lee n. field said, I have about the same round count through my G2C and have had maybe 2-3 FTF's, but that was ammo issue, not mechanical of the pistol. My biggest complaint is the finish, not so great and have now put a gunskin on it to prevent rust and wear of the finish.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts