Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of getting a taurus mil pro in 9mm any pros and cons of this gun. My dad used to have the milinium not the pro and I thought is was a decent gun for the money. I didnt think it recioled to bad and the pro is a little heavier. How about accuarcy and longevity. Any experiance with tauruses warrenty. For the money Im also looking into the new skyy 9mm. Any info will be a great help. Im goin to a show next month and will look them over Thanks everybody Sixgun.:smile:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've had a Taurus PT111 Mil Pro 9mm for awhile now. Probably put at least 500-600 rounds through it, if not more.
Pros: Dependable
Reasonably priced
Nice size for conceal
Accuracy acceptable for self defence role.
Cons: As you might have already heard a very long hard trigger pull.

If money is a significant factor, then this may be the gun for you. It will certainly be a dependable carry piece. If you can afford a bit more, then look at some of the XD's. Or gosh, like so many others on this forum, go for the gusto and get a 1911 style.

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
I had the PT 140, not a pro model. Gun Kb'ed on me. No reason was specified, but Taurus did replace the frame, no questions asked, for the cost of shipping. I found the gun to be difficult to shoot accurately for me. Mostly due to the long trigger pull. The finish was not all that great , I found bluing wearing off after less than a year carrying it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Mil Pro PT145 that I carry at times. I find the trigger pull shorter, lighter, and smoother than any revolver that I have ever shot to include my Python. I like the DAO for CCW and it has a safety for those who want one. 6" long 1" wide 23 oz 11 rounds of 45 acp gotta love it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
ShelbyV8 said:
I have a Mil Pro PT145 that I carry at times. I find the trigger pull shorter, lighter, and smoother than any revolver that I have ever shot to include my Python. I like the DAO for CCW and it has a safety for those who want one. 6" long 1" wide 23 oz 11 rounds of 45 acp gotta love it.
Shelby, How accurate is it in .45 ?...and welcome to the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts