Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at one of these today its used and in really nice shape at me LGS they are asking $270 OTD for it. I like the small size,sights and weight and the fact it hols 10+1 of .45acp,it also fits my hand well. For those here who have one of these gun in .45acp ot any other caliber what has you experience been with it?

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's been my EDC for a while now and I really like it! It's easily concealed and mine has been completely reliable. Many rounds thru it without a hiccup....buy it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been carrying one for almost nine months. Probably fired 800 rounds so far and absolutely no issues. Has been a great gun for me. I alternate carry with a G26. About the same size, but 11 rounds of .45acp vs 11 rounds of 9mm. Glock is a little more flexible as you can get all kinds of extensions or use G17 or 19 magazines. I carry the Taurus in a Don Hume 715 IWB during the summer Recently transitioned to a Bladetech OWB for winter. Easier to get to. Really wish the G30 was the same size but it's a real chunk compared to either the PT 145 or the G26. Price seems fair for a used one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's been my EDC for a while now and I really like it! It's easily concealed and mine has been completely reliable. Many rounds thru it without a hiccup....buy it!
Same for me here!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guy i forgot to mention this gun has the double strike capability does this mean is a second or third Generation gun?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
The latest version allows the gun to be carried cocked and locked or decocked for double action first shot.
Are you sure about that? I don't believe the PT145, which is part of the Millenium Series, has a decocker. It is my understanding that it is the 24/7 models which have the decocker/safety feature.

Am I wrong on this?

If so, i might consider getting one myself.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've carried my PT145 for atleast 3 years now it's been great. conceals very well and of course 10+1 of 45 acp...u cant beat it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have the 745... lots of thump in a very small package...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I shot my PT 145 in a IDPA match, well lets say that me and a friend of mine shot it. We used the cheep Wolf brand ammo, just for fun one day. We were able to make it thru almost the whole match before it started to jam up. So that little gun got quite a workout. IMO its a great little gun with a punch, and with a Armalaser, you cant beat it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have one that I carry most days - I think it's a great gun! Mine has never failed or jammed, and I'd guess I have appx 600 rounds of assorted through it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I like my 2nd generation DAO model...'bout as small as my G26:

Nice .45 ACP punch and carries well:

Even does a pretty good job as home defense:

Accurate enough fom my two magazine self-defense needs:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I have the 9mm PT111 Taurus and carry it most of the time. Great guns the Taurus. Have a G26 under the tree as an alternate, lot's of flexibility as some one said earlier. If I were you I would asap on that PT145.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have three Taurus Millenium pistols. I bought the 2nd gen PT111 MilPro 1st then I got the 2nd gen PT140 MilPro not long after. When the 3rd gen of milleniums came out, I bought the PT145 Pro SA/DA. I have not had any FTF's or FTE's with any of them. I'm not sure why some people complain that these guns are inaccurate but I have no problems shooting them and hitting the targets. :danceban:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had one and sold it so I could buy a Glock. Never liked the sights and had too many FTF/FTE. It was an OK gun but I just couldn't trust it for defensive carry.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I just got a PT145 several weeks ago. Really like this gun, LOVE the 10 +1 .45acp in such a concealable package. Like the fact it comes with two mags....nice smooth trigger pull. Intresting sights. Not any problems. Overall, a nice gun with a very competetive pricetag.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts