Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have debating between a couple of guns and the millenium pro is one of then. Does anyone have any feed back for me?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I traded mine. It was ok, I can't say it was the best gun ever, but it wasn't a piece of junk either.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had the PT111 Pro and traded it for a Bersa UC9. There is no comparison in my book. The Taurus shot very low and i got tired of compensating for it and did not want to invest the time and money to fix it.

The range I shoot at took a nice UC9 in on trade. I test fired it and it was accurate as can be. We made a deal and now I am happy. If you are looking for a low priced alternative, the I highly suggest Bersas.

Just my 2¢ worth.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I wish I still had mine. Had about 2,000 through it when I got it and I put at least 2,000 more through it with not one problem. The day I sold it I let the buyer throw 100 rounds down range, disassemble, clean and inspect before cash exchanged hands. He is very happy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I bought a PT145 a couple months ago...had some ftf's but I think it was the cheap Blazer ammo. Good thing about the Taurus is the second strike capability, it's my edc. I now use HP 185 grain remington golden saber's. It's not the best weapon in the world, but mine goes bang when I want it to. After about 200 rounds no other problems. I am thinking about getting the Taurus 66 357 revolver now.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My wife has one that she used for EDC... She has since relegated it tot he gun safe for a M&P9c because the trigger feels "much better"...

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
My wife bought a Mil. Pro PT111 for her carry and she shoots it very very well. Problem is with the carry for her, it is to wide and bulky.

She finially came across a Kel Tec P3AT and that little powerful gun goes every where she goes. She likes it, handles, and shoots it very well.

When we first started to carry we both thought we had to have 9mm or bigger, but after time we both came to understand that for everyday CC we needed a smaller gun.

·
Registered
335 Posts
My EDC is a Mil Pro PT145. It's a little bulky with 10+1 rounds (that's a good thing) but isn't too hard to conceal. The DA only takes a little practice to get used to but it shoots well for such a short barrel pistol. The only trouble I've had is some feed problems with Wolf ammo. I saw a comment about Blazer ammo but have shot many rounds without problem.

I've got some better shooters but this is a good combination of size, caliber, and capacity for me.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
PT145 (admittedly an early production model, pre-"Pro") was one of my All-Time, All-Star gun purchase...disappointments. Getting rid of mine was a very, very happy divorce. Truly I hope EVERYBODY'S Taurus experience is better than mine. (And I trust GLOCK, S&W, Browning, Ruger, etc., appreciate my hard-earned gun-dollars. So far? So good!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
PT140 here. No complaints.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
PT140 and happy with it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Bigger brother

I have the larger sibling, the 24/7 Pro in 45.

Little more to hold on to, little longer barrel, and a few more rounds (12+1 vrs 10+1)

I love it. Great gun in my book

A lot of folks have issues with them shooting low. Problem is actually how the person is pulling the trigger. Get used to the trigger with some snap caps, and you will have no more issues with that.

Just my .02

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
I have a 3rd gen PT111, and have had no problems with it. I swap between it and a 24/7 for daily carry.

As far as shooting low. If it has Heinie sights on it you just need to learn how to aim with them, as they require different visual pattern than 3 dot or other sights.

For the money, I would not hesitate to get another of the later model Mil Pro's.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've been carrying the PT145 Mill-Pro for EDC for a while now and like it very well. Conceals well and has always funtioned as it should for me...No complaints!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts