Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if anyone has had a problem with their PT 1911 ?
I recently bought one in stainless and have had no problems with it at all.
It has close to 1000 rounds through it without any failures and seem to be a fine pistol .
I' m a little scared of Taurus from years past and was just wondering how this gun has preformed for everyone else .

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a blued PT1911 and it has performed flawlessly for me. I know that most people's complaints with Taurus have been with their customer service but if the rest of their current guns perform as well as my PT1911 that would be a non-issue for me.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I have had zero issues with my Tauri - including the pt1911.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I know that most people's complaints with Taurus have been with their customer service but ...
...and the interactions with Taurus' customer service was necessitated because the guns weren't right. They were either broken or failed to function correctly.

If you have a good Taurus you should thank your guiding angel because it's a real crap shoot to get one. As an instructor I've seen too many Taurus' fail. :hand1:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've had 2 problems with mine.

The first was the right sided safety fell off the gun after I had lent it to my father to take his CCW class.

The other problem I have found is that it dents/crimps the edge of every casing that it ejects. Not sure what is causing it, but I'm going to send it back and have them check it out.

Otherwise than that, I love it.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
...and the interactions with Taurus' customer service was necessitated because the guns weren't right. They were either broken or failed to function correctly.

If you have a good Taurus you should thank your guiding angel because it's a real crap shoot to get one. As an instructor I've seen too many Taurus' fail. :hand1:
I too am an instructor like the Sarge and would HIGHLY recommend a Springfield Armory Mil- Spec over the loaded Taurus.

JMHO&R

·
Registered
866 Posts
never a problem with mine - and I know a few LEO's who use them as duty guns too....

I've actually had a lot more trouble with a Colt Series 70...

·
Registered
756 Posts
The only problem I've had with mine is that during the first range trip, the rear Novak sight came loose, and literally fell off the slide. I tightened down the Allen screw, and all was well. I'm thinking that someone at the Taurus factory forgot to tighten it down.

So all in all, I havent had any "real" problems with mine. Its been a good pistol. :smile:

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
PT1911AR, no problems here. Relatively new, less than 500 rounds through it, yet. It's going with me to Front Sight next month and we'll see how it holds up after 4 days and 800 rounds.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I love mine and outside of the first time I totally broke it down and had to have a smith correct the hammer spring tension it has worked 100%

Sam:danceban:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Went to the range with a friend just last week who had a new Taurus .45. The gun would not cycle the flat nosed Ammo he had but would cycle the ball ammo. I had no problems shooting it with either ammo. He wasn't locking his wrist causing it not to cycle the flat ammo.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have about 1500 rounds thru mine and I never had a problem with it and feeds all types of ammo. Right now its being electroless nickel plated because finish that taurus uses is not durable at all.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I have a Raging Bull in .454 Casull that works fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Both the the sights came loose on my Blue, first 50 rounds. The set screws were lost. They are licensed Novaks made by Taurus. And are NOT supported by Novak. Does not say much for Novak to sell their name only. Therein started a relationship with Taurus Customer (lack of) Service. After over a year Taurus has done nothing. I replaced the set screws with some sourced from the Internet. Tiny metric set screws are hard to find. (smallparts.com) Gun shoots fine. POA=POI at 15 yds. Bluing sucks, but I don't shoot the finish. The pesky ambi-safety does come loose but has not come apart, you can almost hear it click into place when squeezed. However my issues with the sights/safety and sucky service have removed my trust of the gun, and I would never again purchase anything from Taurus. And I mean anything! Its a safe queen these days.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
45tex.
Both the the sights came loose on my Blue, first 50 rounds. The set screws were lost. They are licensed Novaks made by Taurus. And are NOT supported by Novak. Does not say much for Novak to sell their name only. Therein started a relationship with Taurus Customer (lack of) Service. After over a year Taurus has done nothing. I replaced the set screws with some sourced from the Internet. Tiny metric set screws are hard to find. (smallparts.com) Gun shoots fine. POA=POI at 15 yds. Bluing sucks, but I don't shoot the finish. The pesky ambi-safety does come loose but has not come apart, you can almost hear it click into place when squeezed. However my issues with the sights/safety and sucky service have removed my trust of the gun, and I would never again purchase anything from Taurus. And I mean anything! Its a safe queen these days.

I had the same problem, front sight came loose and I lost it. Finally got customer service and explained what I needed and they send the wrong parts. When I got back on the phone it was easier to reorder than to try exchange the wrong parts. This took about 4 months. I loved the PT before this. Now with the new front sight it shoots a foot and a half low at 20'. I took it to the range twice. I think they send me the wrong one. It sits in the safe and I pick all the guns around it when I go to the range. I want to cut it in half and be done with it or maybe I will look to get different sights for it.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
1500 rounds and flawless performance. I did clean the crap out of it before the first shot.

More than I can say for my ex- Springfield micro.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have a PT1911AR Blue. It shoots great and has had no problems at all. I did replace the ambi safety and before that I did notice it wanted to separate. Funny thing is you can hardly pull the two sides apart when they are out of the gun? Go figure. Overall I'm very happy with my PT1911, and have maybe 600 rnds through it so far.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts