Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked me up a Taurus PT 738 TCP today and already took it out to the range. This gun is better than my ruger lcp hands down....Feels better in my hand and shoots so much better. My wife wants to take it.. Looks like i'm getting another. :yup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I replaced my Sig P230 with a two tone TCP. I've got 300 rounds through mine and I'm comfortable saying it is the best most accurate .380 I have shot. I will post some range pics tonight. This gun is a shooter!!!

I don't miss my Sig one bit!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I fondled one about a month and a half ago and liked the way it felt. Shop here wanted $300 + tax, is that good or bad? It was the stainless steel model.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked up mine for $280 plus tax so $300 is not to bad

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just picked up the last one in stock at a local Academy Sporting Goods store here in Houston. $280 plus some ammo. They actually had some FMJ and JHP in stock. Can't wait to get it to the range and break it in. 1st purchase since getting my CHL. Nice to not have to wait for the NICS check.

·
Registered
19 Posts
$300 isn't bad. I bought mine two months ago approx. I got it for $280 at a gun show. At the gun show last weekend, everyone was trying to get $330 -$350 for them.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Family member bought one last week but I have not had a chance to shoot it yet.

I don't like the way the mag has a part of the pistol grip incorporated into it.

Spare mag carry is not as easy as with the P3AT or LCP.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
The new Taurus line-up is a whole new breed of Taurus firearms for the company. Quality, carryability, and shootability are outstanding!!!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I like the way this little gun feels in my hand, but its just so ugly. I think its the chissel looking end of the barrel area. Wish they would have squared it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I have about 150 rounds through mine and have had no problems. I would highly recommend this gun to anyone looking for a inexpensive CCW in .380acp. I hope this helps. God Bless :)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Family member bought one last week but I have not had a chance to shoot it yet.

I don't like the way the mag has a part of the pistol grip incorporated into it.

Spare mag carry is not as easy as with the P3AT or LCP.
Went to range and fired TCP today and P3AT and was very well pleased with both.

Both were 100% and to me shot about the same.

Would carry either and trust either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good to know all of you are having success with the TCP.
I have now been through 2 of them in one month and in each case they continuously jammed and or misfired leaving a decent firing pin impression on the cartridge. My friend had the same problem and then, believe it or not, his plastic trigger literally fell out of the pistol. We used several different cartridges but to no avail. We have now sent them both back to Taurus for a solution. It is great to know based on many of the notices here that we may enjoy success but as of right now I can only say they are junk with a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Good to know all of you are having success with the TCP.
I have now been through 2 of them in one month and in each case they continuously jammed and or misfired leaving a decent firing pin impression on the cartridge. My friend had the same problem and then, believe it or not, his plastic trigger literally fell out of the pistol. We used several different cartridges but to no avail. We have now sent them both back to Taurus for a solution. It is great to know based on many of the notices here that we may enjoy success but as of right now I can only say they are junk with a lifetime warranty.
+1000000

My mag catch broke in half in less than 30 rounds of Federal Hydrashoks and Speer Lawman FMJ....and had multiple FTE and failure to return to battery problems getting to that point.

A burr on the extractor of a new pistol, I can deal with. Having to polish the feed ramp or find a load that a pistol likes, I can deal with.

A metal part on a pistol snapping in half with normal use? In 30 rounds or less? That....I CANNOT deal with.

Lesson learned. Buy cheap, get cheap.

:hand1:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts