Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the same except that the PT145 is a double-stack with 10 round mag, while the PT745 is a single-stack with 6 round mag.

My High Noon Pocket Grabber came in today. When I opened it, I realized that it actually accomodates both guns(!).

I have a PT745 (6+1) in blue coming in (hopefully) tomorrow at a local shop. They already have a PT145 in stainless.

The idea is to pocket carry around my house.

Facts in the case:

The 745 is only slimmer than the 145 in the grip. The slide size is the same.

The 745 coming in is blue. The in-stock 145 is stainless.

I'm in the Southeast. It gets quite humid here.

I hate decisions like this!!!

Can anyone help me decide? I'm almost ready to put a poll at the top!

So...... which would you pick?

·
Registered
19 Posts
You must have some huge pockets! I have a PT145 and can't picture it as a pocket gun. Great size for a .45 IWB/OWB but my only pocket it would fit is in a coat. I'm not knocking it, just genuinely curious which pocket you'll be carrying it in.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I'd go with the single stack for pocket carry. That's just me.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You must have some huge pockets! I have a PT145 and can't picture it as a pocket gun. Great size for a .45 IWB/OWB but my only pocket it would fit is in a coat. I'm not knocking it, just genuinely curious which pocket you'll be carrying it in.
The right front. But again, the pocket carry is for primarily at home. I've heard from a few others who pocket carry these models. I mainly wear cargo pants and honestly, I probably wouldn't even try it in jeans.

The PT145 and 745 are listed as 6" long. My Colt Defender is 6.75" and it fits and is totally concealed. I'm 5', 10" and about 215, average/athletic build.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd go with the single stack for pocket carry. That's just me.
I'm still leaning that way, but I sure wish I had requested the 745 (single stack) in stainless.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'd go with the 145. If all other dimensions except the grip are the same, it won't make much difference, if any. Plus, the stainless will wear better.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I recently went with the PT145. My CCW has been S&W's CS45 single stack. I wanted more cap and the accessory rail the PT145 offers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts