Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looked at the new Taurus Slim, and I really like it. It's about the same size as an xdsc, but a lot thinner and lighter. I was able to hold both models, Blued and Stainless, and for some reason the blued felt a little heaver and more top heavy, not by much, but I defiantly felt a small difference, the SS felt more balanced for some reason. Any way’s has anybody else felt the difference between the two. I'm not sure if the difference is due to the slide or barrel, but any input would be great. Maybe it's just me wanting to get the SS model. Right now I'm leaning towards the SS model. Price in Houston. SS $379 & Blued $349.

Oh, is there any benefits from getting the SS vs a Blued mode?

Just FYI, the gun feels perfect for iwb or front pocket carry (with loose jeans).

Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I purchased ss about 3 weeks ago and love it!!!

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I'm not a Taurus fan, but of your two choices, I'd take SS anytime.:yup:

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've had my SS model for about a week now. So far, I'm pleased with it. This is the first Taurus I've owned among the many pistols and revolvers I've owned during the past 40 years.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Not much into Taurus' either, but I'd take SS over Blued any day of the week and twice on Sunday...

·
Banned
480 Posts
Anytime There's A Choice--Stainless Steel! :yup:

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
:worthless:

Guns, Guns... I want to see pictures of the guns. Where are the guns?

:rofl: j/k no need to really post pics

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I like the blued finish....I don't want to shine when it comes to matters of stealth....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Blued for me. I don't like bling, bling or anything shiny on my firearms. But thats just me

·
Registered
208 Posts
I prefer SS over blued guns, I prefer the look of stainless, and I believe that the blued gun might be prone to show signs of rust, if you don't clean or wipe it down after carrying everyday on hot days and sweat gets in under grips or other areas.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I bought the blued version. It has started rusting on the slide just above the thumb safety. I am having it Dura-Coated now. Even with the rust, I still wouldn't buy a stainless gun if bluing is an option.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
I think a blued gun looks better. Prefer SS for carry because I am a sweater and Stainless is more resistant to corrosion

·
Registered
30 Posts
I own 13 Taurus pistols. i bought the first one 22 years ago & I have NEVER had a problem with any of them. I have a PT-709 in blue. stainless or blue its a personal preference. some people think stainless is less maintenance. thats not true but it is better for IWB carry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SS to good to pass up!

Thanks all! I usually like my firearms blued, but I couldn't resist the SS version, I will post pics of my first range outing, I hope it shoots as well as it looks. This my first Taurus, so i hope it's a good experience. I've never considered buying a Taurus before, but this pistol looks to good to pass up, Small, sleek and priced to make a non-Taurus fan to take the plunge. Now I need find a in pocket holster!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts