Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has any real-world experience with the Taurus Spectrum?

How do they shoot? What's the reliability been? I used to own a G2 and had no issues with it.

You can find the Spectrum on-line for about $125 right now! That seems like a really good price for a decent looking .380. I like my RM380, but at that price it could be a nice back-up.

Thanks for your input !

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Real world experience with Taurus yes...The Spectrum No....I would pass but that is my opinion....Sniff around a dedicated
forum and you will probably get a better idea than on here.....Not a lot of Taurus love to be found here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nope...I go with a LCP had several no problem.....heard their customer service sucks....Their revolvers are ok...auto not

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Nope...I go with a LCP had several no problem.....heard their customer service sucks....Their revolvers are ok...auto not

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk
All but one Taurus revolver that I have had, have been junk.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
I don't own one, but I have followed the reviews. The most frequent issue seems to be light primer strikes. That's something which can be fixed though. It has gotten high marks for ergonomics which is something to consider with pocket guns.

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
I did a lot of checking on it and the RM380. The RM380 won hands down, and it only cost a few bucks more.

Reactions: Buckeye63

·
Registered
269 Posts
I own 3 Taurus pistols (TH40, Millinium G2, and 24/7 G2) but not the 380. I love my Taurus's. One of the RN's in our shooting group has one. I watched her put over 200 rounds through it without a problem. I don't know how she could afford to shoot it she not being a hand loader.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I really like my TCP , but the Spectrum is a different bird .. striker fired ..

I think KYGUNCO has the Spectrum pistols at $135ish with free shipping

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I really like my LCP, it always works...I do like the spectrum "bar of soap" feel, but avoid taurus these days...It's kind of a crap shoot. 8 out of 10 will be fine...The other 2 need fixxin. All manufactorers build a bad one now and then; but we send more Taurus back than we should...That being said, I don't think it's a bad gun. I just wish Taurus would bring their quality control up ( I think they ARE working on it).

·
Registered
399 Posts
Reactions: SpringerXD
1 - 12 of 12 Posts