Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a TCP about a month ago:danceban:. I can say that I am very happy with this pocket 380. I have put about 150 rounds through it, and have yet to have a problem of any kind. I can shoot a two inch group at ten yards, if I can hold up my end of the game:rolleyes:. I have only shot it inside right now, because it is cold outside in PA. That is a good group for such a small gun. My oldest son has a LCP. I have not shot that gun in a while, since he lives in FL. I did hold the TCP, LCP, and Kel-tec when I bought the TCP. It just felt better in my hand. Plus I liked that the slide locks back after the last round. Nice gun for the money.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Great...now Im going to have to go buy one of those.:danceban:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Saw one @ my fun store yesterday.....I was like "neat" rubbed the chin and forced myself to walk away. Must stay focused on saving for my G33.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just bought a TCP at a gun show last weekend. i shot 100 through it on sun and had absolutely no problems. I paid $280.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I saw one at one of my lgs's recently, didn't have a chance to check it out, but it was basically going for the same price as the LCP and P3AT.

The fact that it locks back on the last round has peaked my interest for sure.
(the only thing that would hold me back right now is .380 is dang near impossible to find)

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm waiting for the next gun show to see about picking one up myself for a backup. I like everything I've read thus far and while I'd like to give it a little time to go through its growing pains, the cost is low enough I'm going to jump on it. It'll be a secondary so no big deal if it has to go in for service.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought my TCP at a local gun show last weekend. I currently have a p238 I carry, but it is just too heavy for dress slacks. So, I went with the intention of picking up a Ruger LCP. I have done some reading on the Taurus and wanted to look at that too, but I figured it was just too new to be able to pick one up. But to my surprise, there were a couple at the show. I did compare it side by side to the LCP and the specs were almost identical, see below. The Rugers were $325 at the gun show and the Taurus was $280, plus it included a belt holder and an extra magazine. So, I figured I'd try out the Taurus. So far I am happy as it performed flawlessly at the range sun morning. Just my 2 cents.

Ruger= 5.16" Long Taurus= 5.18"
Ruger= 3.6" Tall Taurus= 3.7"
Ruger= .82" Wide Taurus= .84"
Ruger= 9.4 oz Weight Taurus= 10.2 oz

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
I do like that the TCP locks the slide open when the mag is empty. If my wife didn't already have a LCP and spare mags, I would likely have gotten a TCP instead of another LCP.

As it is, the mag capacity on these is limited, and I will have to just practice doing a tactical reload if I ever have to fire any rounds (which I hope never to have to do) in real life.

·
Registered
195 Posts
for those in Houston tx area!! Tombal pawn has them for 289.00 plus tax

just a lil heads up for yall!!

chep

·
Registered
473 Posts
I stopped by my old gun shop today to put money down on my layaway and he showed me the TCP's they got in today. They seem like a pretty nice gun, well made and feels good in the hand. This is obviously a copy of Keltecs non-patent version, but its better made and the quality seems equal with the LCP. Overall feeling of it without shooting it... pretty good little .380.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Well I guess when I visit the OP (my father) I will have to bring my LCP so we can compare apples to apples. Mine still shoots better, or at least the shooter does, but I'm still young!!:rofl::rofl:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts