Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33,987 Posts
IMO, too big. But I'm sure someone somewhere does so.

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
757 Posts
I’m gonna go ahead and sum up all replies to this thread in one post...

1. Got one, love it! Never had problems! Wife has a Taurus, too! Get it!

2. Taurus sucks, terrible QC and the customer service is terrible! Stay away!!

3. A few more of #2.

4. I like how most of the people trash talking Taurus have never owned one, lol.

5. Yeah, well I don’t have to try out hemorrhoids to know I wouldn’t want those on my hip, either.

6. A few more of #1.

Okay, now that we’ve gotten that out of the way...

I’ve never had a problem with a Taurus I’ve owned, I’m down to just one, a Model 85 revolver. Never had to use their warranty though, either.

I like the PT-92, and I believe the general consensus is that it’s one of the best offerings from Taurus as it is pretty much a copy of the Beretta, using their left behind factory tooling. Great value if you’re wanting in on the platform.

The action is good, nice, heavy, accurate, and reliable. But for its size and heft, it just doesn’t hold a lot of rounds. And it doesn’t conceal well in warm weather. If you’re okay with those limitations, I think it’s a fine carry choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I carry everyday a 1911 platform pistol which I believe is very similar to the Taurus you are talking about. My Sig Scorpion 1911 in .45acp.
For me the commander size is great but I also carry the full TacOps also.
The gun you are talking about is very doable with a high quality holster and most important a very good belt to handle the weight.
I am 63 and it is still my primary carry gun.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
If you can conceal a full size service weapon like the PT92, knock yourself out. I have owned several PT92's over the last 30 years and they are keepers.....and since they were designed by Beretta, they just work.

Reactions: Workaholic

·
Registered
438 Posts
The PT92 is a good design but Taurus QC is not consistent. Sometimes you will have one that works just as well as the Beretta 92 from which its based on and other times you will get one that can have consistent or intermittent problems. If you don't mind carrying something that large I would recommend just getting a used Beretta 92FS as you will have much more luck having consistently great performance out of one of them. With any used gun and magazine(s) I always replace the recoil spring and magazine spring(s) as those are often things that cause problems in used pistols since there is no telling how many rounds that have been pushed through those springs.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
For taurus see above some love others eh ..

Never had a issues with em myself. As to the 92 ..Way too big for a easy carry gun unless you need a OC or officer gun

Reactions: zonker1986

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
The PT92 is a good design but Taurus QC is not consistent. Sometimes you will have one that works just as well as the Beretta 92 from which its based on and other times you will get one that can have consistent or intermittent problems. If you don't mind carrying something that large I would recommend just getting a used Beretta 92FS as you will have much more luck having consistently great performance out of one of them. With any used gun and magazine(s) I always replace the recoil spring and magazine spring(s) as those are often things that cause problems in used pistols since there is no telling how many rounds that have been pushed through those springs.
I own one made in 1987, 1994, 2007, and 2014. They all work fine. Not sure where you are getting the Quality Control issues in reference to the PT92, but I have never heard one that did not work.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Never owned a PT92 so can't speak to quality. I do own a Beretta 92FS which I believe is the same configuration and weight. I agree with Old Vet that it is large and heavy for concealed carry. But if it was all I had ( or wanted ), I bet I could figure something out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts