Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was posted over on Warrior Talk (thanks CWS) I wanted to see what folks here have to say about this incident.

Teen charged in ice pick attack over parking spot

December 21, 2009 - 7:25pm

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) - A Missouri teenager is accused of stabbing a man with an ice pick in a dispute over a parking spot.

Eighteen-year-old Caitlen Watkins of Springfield was charged Monday in Greene County with first-degree assault and armed criminal action.

According to court documents, Watkins and a passenger in her car confronted another driver Sunday in the parking lot of a shopping center after he took a parking place Watkins wanted.

Witnesses told police a fight broke out and the other driver was stabbed half a dozen times with a wooden-handled, 5-inch ice pick. Police say the other driver suffered a punctured kidney.

A judge set Watkins' bond at $75,000. She did not have a lawyer. She has not yet had a hearing or entered a plea.

Information from: KYTV-TV, KY3 News, Weather, Sports - Springfield, MO

Edit: What would you do in this situation.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Over a parking spot. Get locked up, go thru the system, hire a lawyer, pay $$, for what a parking spot?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Over a parking spot. Get locked up, go thru the system, hire a lawyer, pay $$, for what a parking spot?
I might be less expensive to hire a driver to drop you off and pick you up.
Or even better if you could rent a spot in a parking lot.

Fighting over a parking spot is the ultimate stupid act. I doesn't save time to get into a fight, arrested, jailed, and tried.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
it just goes to show that there is a lot of screwed up priorities out there...

lets talk how do you end up in a fight over the space and what role did the victim play in that?...a fight broke out....

·
Registered
5 Posts
It just goes to show you how low some peoples morals have gotten, and how high their sense of intitlement has gotten. I think it is pathetic.

Have a safe and happy Ney year.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
How many people carry an Ice pick with them in a vehicle? Then how many of those would use it over a parking space. It is gettting uglier everyday. Remember they breed and walk among us. Scary!

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
I'm sure that this was not a 'first event' for this dirtbag teen. I can't believe that someone would argue over a parking space. It is also possible that the person who got the space never saw the possible argument...some drivers are oblivious to their surroundings.
I'll be curious to read more about this incident.
This teen is going to learn all about stabbing and potential weapons by 'professionals'...:wave::wave:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Good lord. Things are getting weirder by the day. :aargh4:

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
How many people carry an Ice pick with them in a vehicle? Then how many of those would use it over a parking space. It is gettting uglier everyday. Remember they breed and walk among us. Scary!

Careful, "They" could use that same argument of a firearm against us

Yes this is the moral denigration that has enveloped a lot of todays society

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Road rage is always ugly. Ice picks are ugly too.

The article does not really dive into the details of how the event unfolded.

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
This type of conduct is absolutely absurd.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wasn't really able to find much on it only what was on Warrior Talk sorry guys. But what I think happened was someone on the other board actually said she had her "boyfriend" with her. The victim must have had his attention more on the guy than the girl and she stabbed him. Just goes to show you watch your six and every gender not just male.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Over a parking spot :buttkick:

"Seriously, who fights with an icepick?" :3schild40:

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I'm glad I still have the health to allow me to park at the back of the parking lot. People don't try to kill you for those spots! (yet) :rofl:

On another note... an ice pick is a deadly weapon... just sayin'! :wink:

·
Premium Member
6,539 Posts
Close by last year, at Middle Tennessee State University, we had one young lady take a box cutter (or knife?) to another over a parking spot. Anytime, anywhere....

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Sounds like (icepick) will be his new prison name. Wish there were more to go on here but it would seem there is more to the story.

Anyone who would resort to using an icepick over a parking spot does not belong walking free amongst the human population.

·
Administrator
144,204 Posts
When I was 17 years old I was stabbed with an icepick that went through my wrist & then out the other side about 2" back.
Some younger folks do not know what an icepick is.
Who chops up huge blocks of ice with an ice pick these days? :biggrin2:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts