Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my thread on how long folks had shot handguns, relative to carry time, reminded me that I actually ''teethed'' like many folks on air weapons - early teens IIRC.

This pic is off three out of the four old Webley air pistols I had.... well, still have these three - the other was the very first which was smooth bore - gave that away. two are in .177 and the other in .22. Not much power but a challenge to be accurate with and not a bad start really - about hmmm - near half a century ago LOL.

Best ''sporting'' use was shooting flies or other bugs on rotten fruit etc - very satisfying (but don't tell P.E.T.A.) :biggrin:

·
Registered
998 Posts
I started off with a little Daisy BB gun (the one smaller than the Red Ryder). I don't remember exactly how old I was when I got it, but I was 7 or 8 I guess. I soon got a Daisy 881 Powerline that I shot for many years.

I own quite a few firearms and have access to many others, but I bought my nephew a Red Ryder last year, and I had more fun shooting it than I've had in years with any firearm. I really had fun getting a long way off and trying to judge the angle to drop the BBs into a coffee can.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Something about the challenge Lee eh! On rare occasions I plink with one of these indoors - and tho obviously sight picture is as one would expect (and triggers are crap BTW!) - it is still satisfying.

Different ballistics - like when I try with my high power air rifle - to hit a can at 100 yds - quite taxing :smile:

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Those Webleys were quite powerful. My friend had 1. I sarted out shooting a Walther air pistol as well as owning a few crosman air rifles and pistols. When I turned 18 I bought a .22 Buckmark, which I own to this day.

·
Registered
998 Posts
P95Carry said:
Something about the challenge Lee eh! On rare occasions I plink with one of these indoors - and tho obviously sight picture is as one would expect (and triggers are crap BTW!) - it is still satisfying.

Different ballistics - like when I try with my high power air rifle - to hit a can at 100 yds - quite taxing :smile:

I was amazed at how accurate the RR was. Once I figured the right angle for each distance it was easy to drop them in there. 5 may have to pick up one them for myself to shoot out in the back yard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts