Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of trying a different holster for an alloy framed Commander sized 1911, one that holds the gun a little deeper than my current Blade Tech Nano. Three I have looked at are the Milt Sparks Summer Special 2, Rusty Sherrick's Inside the Waistband, and the Mitch Rosen USD, (Express line). Any comments on these, or other lower riding IWB's? I don't much care for the really wide-set loops on holsters such as the versa max, and am wanting something that postitions the trigger guard behind the belt as opposed to above it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had a Desantis Cozy Partner for a Glock 23, and it was very comfortable with good quality. It was pretty low. Not a 1911 but about the same size. I currently carry my commander sized 1911 in a CompTac M-Tac, very low but wider than what you are wanting.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Keep in mind, with an IWB holster you want to have enough grip exposed to allow a grip that doesn't need to be readjusted when you draw! Too deep isn't good. :wink:

TT Gunleather is as deep as I want and need. You can imagine the waistline, just a tiny bit higher than the belt line on this picture.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep in mind, with an IWB holster you want to have enough grip exposed to allow a grip that doesn't need to be readjusted when you draw! Too deep isn't good. :wink:
Thats partly why I don't like the wide spaced loops; the rear loop is usually right in line with the grip.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Thats partly why I don't like the wide spaced loops; the rear loop is usually right in line with the grip.
Not when you're wearing it! Your waist is curved and it's just enough that your fingers don't hit it when gripping the weapon. :wink:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thumper, I'm glad they work for you, but they don't work for me. I've tried several, and with my body and carry style they do interfere with my draw.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
The Galco Summer Comfort and Royal Guard come to mind. The Don Hume PCCH also fits your requirements. All are available off the shelf so no waiting time is required. These would also work while you wait for the Milt Sparks....

·
Registered
713 Posts
Here it is again! check out Pure Kustom, They cant be beat and fully adjustiable to ride as high, low, or anything inbetween that you can think of and will work for you.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I currently use a Crossbreed Supertuck and I like it alot. I recently tried it on the lowest setting and was amazed that it was much more comfortable than when it rode higher (although the higher setting wasn't uncomfortable). Keep in mind as Thumper already stated that you don't want it too low were you cannot grip it properly.

I also just ordered a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro which is fully adjustable as Avenger stated. The Pro model can actually be adjusted really low if that is your desire.

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
I'm thinking of trying a different holster for an alloy framed Commander sized 1911, one that holds the gun a little deeper than my current Blade Tech Nano. Three I have looked at are the Milt Sparks Summer Special 2, Rusty Sherrick's Inside the Waistband, and the Mitch Rosen USD, (Express line). Any comments on these, or other lower riding IWB's? I don't much care for the really wide-set loops on holsters such as the versa max, and am wanting something that postitions the trigger guard behind the belt as opposed to above it.
You might also want to look at the Kramer #3 IWB Holster.

Depending on the pants I'm wearing, cover garmet and what I'm doing that day will have me reaching for one of three holsters for my P-35. The three I use are:

Kramer IWB #3
Milt Sparks Summer Special II
Milt Sparks Watch Six

Biker

·
Registered
162 Posts
The MTAC allows for a lot of vertical adjustment. I've set mine to ride lower than the stock position and it's very comfortable.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Check out the RM Low Rider IWB from RM holsters. Best $55 bucks i ever spent towwards gear and I carry my Glock in it more often than my high-dollar Rosen. It's kydex, but you won't believe the comfort and fit.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
+1 for RM Low Rider!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
You might try the Kholster, don't have one myself but the vast majority of owners seem happy with them and they offer lot's of adjustability.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Check out the Thunderbird Defender by K&D Holsters. You can adjust the cant as well as the ride height.
K&D

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
try the suppertux from crossbreed.
I didn't know CrossBreed sold dinner clothes! :rofl:

I think you meant SuperTuck. :wave:

(Sorry, but I just couldn't resist. I have had to be good all day and this was my first opportunity to misbehave!)

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
RM Lowrider. Its the best holster ive owned..I currently have a Crossbreed and its not bad..but its not as compact or as comfortable as the RM Lowrider was.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts