Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Handgunlaw.us covered most of the small questions. Like carrying where alcohol is served and informing Police upon contact about my sidearm and signs carrying weight or not. I am concerned about the crazy laws out there like no HP ammo in NJ and 7 rounds in New York. I am leaving the gun supporting state of Missouri soon and traveling in and about North Carolina and Tennessee. Anything crazy I need to worry about? Any small crazy rule that I might over look? On another note, I had to add an hour to my trip to avoid ILLannoying, any news on when I can drive through there without disarming.

·
Registered
695 Posts
North Carolina has some odd rules but if you're just passing through they shouldn't affect you. TN is pretty cut and dry assuming you actually have a CCW permit.

Good luck.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
North Carolina has some odd rules but if you're just passing through they shouldn't affect you. TN is pretty cut and dry assuming you actually have a CCW permit.

Good luck.
HAHA, should have mentioned that. I do have a MO resident CCW, which is recognized by all the goods states.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Be careful in county and city parks. Some are posted and as you have noted signs carry the weight of law. State and national parks OK but some buildings will be posted in them so just stay out of those buildings and all will be well. You can enter and eat in a place that serves alcohol if it is not posted and you do not consume.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Be careful in county and city parks. Some are posted and as you have noted signs carry the weight of law. State and national parks OK but some buildings will be posted in them so just stay out of those buildings and all will be well. You can enter and eat in a place that serves alcohol if it is not posted and you do not consume.
The law concerning carry in alcohol serving places has not been passed yet.....

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
NC currently has some funky laws, such as "places that charge admission", which means any sort of park or movie theater. Restaurants that serve alcohol (90% of them and any sort of chain) are a no go. I doubt you will be present for a parade or anything of the sort. Otherwise, notify if stopped and that means more than handing your permit, and you should be good to go. Oh, and welcome to the CA of the South.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The law concerning carry in alcohol serving places has not been passed yet.....
Better check again...Passed quite a while back.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Better check again...Passed quite a while back.
Dben was referring to NC while you were speaking about TN. TN is ahead of us on that one but we're trying to catch-up.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
One NC quirk is that you can not possess teflon‑coated bullets too. Now that really cuts down your choices of self defense rounds. LOL

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I live in West Tennessee, near Memphis actually. The best advice I can give you is, watch out in Shelby County and Davidson County. (Shelby County = Memphis and Davidson = Nashville) Those are the two liberal, anti-gun strongholds in the state. Quite a few places in Shelby and Davidson are posted no guns. Memphis city parks are no carry which is stupid.

Now, when will you be traveling through the Memphis area? Maybe we could get a cup of coffee.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I live in West Tennessee, near Memphis actually. The best advice I can give you is, watch out in Shelby County and Davidson County. (Shelby County = Memphis and Davidson = Nashville) Those are the two liberal, anti-gun strongholds in the state. Quite a few places in Shelby and Davidson are posted no guns. Memphis city parks are no carry which is stupid.

Now, when will you be traveling through the Memphis area? Maybe we could get a cup of coffee.
Three for coffee? I work downtown Memphis, but would be up for a meet and greet somewhere.

Reactions: TN_Mike
1 - 12 of 12 Posts