Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am a correctional officer from tennessee and have just gotten my CHL and was wondering where to find CCW laws for my state.i am not sure exactly where you can and cant carry or when deadly force can be used since i didn't have to take a class for the permit and they didnt offer any kind of training im not realy sure about some things.the permit i have was issued through the dept.of corrections.anyone that has at least 5 years as an officer can apply and they just send you the permit.but from what ive heard the same laws apply as a regular state CHL so if anyone is from TN or could point me in the wright direction i would be gratefull.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Welcome!

Try Packing.org
and

Handgunlaws.com (not sure about that one, look on the link page if it doesn't work.

Here is my $.02, spend a few bucks and take the CHL class. It may take a day, and be a bit boring (everyone says Ky's is boring, but I enjoyed it) but it will likely be a lot more informative than a few paragraphs of legalese. Besides the instructor might just have a few words of wisdom from personal experience to give you.

Bryan

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
You can go to Packing.org and look at the state info for TN. That site is a good place to get information. The rule of thumb is that you can not carry in a place that serves alcohol for consumption on location, schools and places of worship. There are numerous places that have posted signs that do not allow carry there. If you follow these rules you will be ok. I got my carry permit with the first wave of permits in TN. My kimber is an Elipse Pro II four inch barrel in which I use Wilson Combat mags.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts