Defensive Carry banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read an article where a judge in TN. stopped the CCW folks from carrying their handguns with them in bars and resturants!
And the resturant owners were the ones who brought the suit claiming ,their would be "vigiantes" shooting up their establishments.
Is this legal if it is law that you CAN carry in those venues?
In Kansas if the resturant sells more than something like 60% food you can carry,even though liquor is sold.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
The law doesn't force anyone to allow carry in their establishment. It merely allows carry in restaurants (not bars) where alcohol is served and it's not posted otherwise by the owner. What this bozo is proposing is that allowing carry in restaurants with a permit where not posted is *unconstitutional.*

It's the height of stupidity. If restaurant owners don't want to allow legal carry, they can just post a sign.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
From what I have read it seems that the judge reasoned that the law was infringing on the "property owners'"rights (restaurant owners) by forcing them to accept customers with guns. The law did no such thing, it just put the onus on the proprietor to publicly state that he/she did not want guns in their establishment. A proper sign is designated by law and their is no restriction on an owner posting if they so desire.

I am thoroughly confused by this ruling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts