Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I once thought the absolute worst disease ever to befall mankind was that of building AR-15s. I was wrong.

Building these crazy things is more contagious than ARs. I am about to start work on building my own Glock 43. Why? Just because I can, and it is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. :biggrin2:

In the process I am reviving all the old skills I learned when I took a Glock Armorer's Course many years ago - and adding some new skills to boot..

My poor wife is on her knees praying no more sale ads show up for this heroin-replacement!

351825-980067.jpg

Maybe we could call it the "polyvirus."

·
Super Moderator
16,197 Posts

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
8,181 Posts
I am more a 1911 fan than a Glock fan, but I've read online that the 80% 1911 kits require a lot more skill to produce a reliable firearm than the "Glock-offs." The only reason I would want to do an 80% build would be to have something "off the books" I could hide away. I would need the build to be as "idiot proof" as possible. But that's just me...

·
Vendor
1,573 Posts
I once thought the absolute worst disease ever to befall mankind was that of building AR-15s. I was wrong.

Building these crazy things is more contagious than ARs. I am about to start work on building my own Glock 43. Why? Just because I can, and it is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. :biggrin2:

In the process I am reviving all the old skills I learned when I took a Glock Armorer's Course many years ago - and adding some new skills to boot..

My poor wife is on her knees praying no more sale ads show up for this heroin-replacement!

View attachment 314180

Maybe we could call it the "polyvirus."

Dear sir,

Please just take a second and catch your breath... breathe in your nose and out your mouth. Now try to relax because
THERE IS HELP AVAILABLE!!
I have ran across this nasty disease before, and yes it is a disease. We here at Nelson Holsters have a treatment plan. My own son was once where you are at. It took many years of research and fine tuning of this plan to successfully treat the disease. So rest assured we can help you during this difficult time and together WE WILL get you through it!! We have developed a 5 step treatment plan. Once you have completed the plan a small amount of maintenance treatment is all that will be needed to set you free.

The treatment plan consists of the following.....

First of all, as Dr Phil says, you can't treat what you don't acknowledge.

Now then, we need to break the cycle. The way to do this is to redirect the cravings for your addiction to purchase these parts. ---This is how this part works and is key to getting started asap to curb the addiction=== We need to replace, or redirect, your obsession by convincing your mind you are buying "build parts" only it will be with leather therapy. You will purchase a leather holster for your glock and this will leave you feeling as though you've fed your addiction without buying gun parts. (first time around is a unbelieving feeling of freedom of breaking this viscous cycle)

Second step is to keep this rhythm going by making follow up purchases of accessories such as magazine pouches or belts.

Third step of maintaining this addiction is to just keep going and anytime you feel weak just contact me and we can go over a new option for carrying you glock - making a new holster purchase.

Forth step is to just continue on until you have one of everything I offer for each of your wayward glocks then start the process over in another leather color option.

The fifth step is to call me anytime, as I will be your sponsor, and I will help walk you through times of weakness and get you back on track with the leather therapy.

This is a very intense program but it's also very effective in a successful recovery. With the way this program is designed we manage to take away the means to feed this habit by replacing it with a soothing leather product and you will still get the euphoria as it is still Glock related.

We at Nelson Holsters WILL get you through this!!! There is light at the end of the tunnel, my friend.

Sincerely Nelson holsters recovery center..

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@NelsonHolsters :rofl:

My problem is far more acute, I fear! Mrs OldChap warned me that if I brought any more holsters home they’d better be comfortable because I was going to be wearing them up my....errr...back pocket. :ahhhhh:

Now I fear the worst. :rofl:

·
Registered
9,103 Posts

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
I am more a 1911 fan than a Glock fan, but I've read online that the 80% 1911 kits require a lot more skill to produce a reliable firearm than the "Glock-offs." The only reason I would want to do an 80% build would be to have something "off the books" I could hide away. I would need the build to be as "idiot proof" as possible. But that's just me...
I looked into the 80% 1911 kits too and determined that it was WAY beyond my skill level. In retrospect, it should have been obvious to me. Certainly putting together a half plastic gun with looser tolerances, drop in trigger, etc will be much easier than something all metal with tight tolerances and a heck of a lot more parts.

The 80% Glocks could be fun though. It matches my skill level(hopefully) plus it makes some sense if I was going to upgrade the trigger and sights anyway. I have been trying to resist building a little G33. There are always new frame options coming out so eventually something will make me give in.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
@NelsonHolsters :rofl:

My problem is far more acute, I fear! Mrs OldChap warned me that if I brought any more holsters home they’d better be comfortable because I was going to be wearing them up my....errr...back pocket. :ahhhhh:

Now I fear the worst. :rofl:
I guess that would count as concealed carry...

·
Vendor
1,573 Posts
Thankfully I'm immune to the Glock disease.
Could be possible for it mutate and spread to all gun owners.
don't worrie or panic we at Nelson holsters are here for you all with a treatment for this nasty desiese. Lol

I hope this isn't consider spam, I'm just trying to get a laugh folks. All in good clean fun.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts