·
Administrator
143,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Organized terror attack on London.
Put on your TV news CNN or FOX.
Underground bombed.
3 buses bombed.
all cell phone serivce out & most land lines out due to overload.
military called out.

Update: Group claims responsibility in the name of AL Queda.

Update: Financial district shut down.

known suicide bomber on one bus that had the entire roof blown off.

Bush spoke. G8 summit leaders stand united against terror.

Update: :confused: Scotland Yard said 7 explosions confirmed.
AP News said 3 in underground - 1 one on bus confirmed.
Another source said 6 confirmed.

·
Administrator
143,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Heightened Alert Here In NYC & Washinton DC

90 confirmed casualties so far in London
Lots of Injuries.
CNN said buses being used as ambulances.
I think 6 synced explosions so far & one that failed to go off.
Tony Blair to speak.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
One im watching says 6 syched bomb's in the Tubes then as people were evacuating tot he bus's the bombs on the bus's starting going off 3 bus's .. Also now saying they did for sure find explosive material

·
Administrator
143,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Remember

Our Prez Bush is within 500 miles of there for the G8 summit talks.
The underground ~ All bus & railway service is shut down.

·
Administrator
143,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
update: ~ so far

2 known dead......death toll expected to rise.
300 treated at hospitals
150 seriously injured

possibly 2 to 45 people dead - not confirmed

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
:grumpy:

Terrorists are cowards. Instead of joining the army and picking up a rifle to face their enemy nation's army face to face like men, they slink in the dark, pouncing on unsuspecting and unarmed civilian men, women and children. Cowards.

There's an entire al Queda faction in England, who have been living there for quite some time, having jobs and raising families there. There's been a few press stories on them. While they sip English tea, enjoy English hospitality and other English goods and services, wear cool new Western duds, and practice their religion unoppressed, they want to destroy it and turn it into a cesspool where boys learn how to make pipe bombs and women are stoned if they dare show a bare ankle. It's like saying, "I have a brand new swimming pool. I think I'll chuck feces in it and then go swimming."

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
You're RIGHT Betty Terrorists are cowards. BUT---they are using a tactic(unfortunately) that is very effective. Another unfortunate thing is that other countries are going to have to expierance terrorism in their own"back yard" before we(America) will have real allies in the war on these cowards. Pepole will have to die.Economys will have to be threatened. Money will have to be spent, before we will have real friends that will help us fight the WAR. It is very sad to ponder. It's like drunk drivers. They have to kill hundreds and thousands of people on the roadways before people will not tolerate it anymore. Why does so much blood have to be shed before anything happens??---------

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Betty said:
:grumpy:
...It's like saying, "I have a brand new swimming pool. I think I'll chuck feces in it and then go swimming."
You'll notice that the ones calling down these attacks rarely intend to deprive themselves in their cause. It's more like "I have a brand new swimming pool, and I use it everyday. I think I'll chuck feces in yours and threaten to kill you if you do anything about it."

Actually, though, the political and religious reasons cited for attacks are merely excuses. These are just ruthless creatures who enjoy the power of killing and causing fear, for perverse pleasure. They are a disease of humanity and need to be excised.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
they are using a tactic(unfortunately) that is very effective.
Yes, it is a very effective tactic. We'll see how England handles the matter - they have my sincere sympathy.

I also hope they don't go knee-jerk backwards. Spain bailed out on us when they were attacked, and England has the nasty habit of disarming their populace to curb crime. In a country where homeowners are told to lock themselves up in their second story when being burglarized and you're prosecuted for defending yourself, what are they going to do about terrorist attacks? :frown:

We must not kowtow to terrorists. We must eliminate them like they're crabgrass - down to the last blades and roots.

·
Registered
868 Posts
So if I am sitting in my car on the freeway and the terrorist come along and start shooting people. We cannot defend themselves because the politicians and LawEnforcement at the top who advise the politicians have removed our rights to carry firearms who is to blame for my death??? Will it be the politician or the terrorist? Should the politician be charged with aiding and abetting the terrorist??? Its a matter of time and they the terrorist are using their own way to fight against what they feel are wrongs. Remember it only took 2 guys to frighten people around Washington DC.

·
Administrator
143,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ditto:

Betty & FortyFive...all of you.
Well, I talked to a woman here "A BRIT"...in the US (this morning) who works at my Family Dr. office (She lives in G.B. and is here on a "temp" & her parents live in G.B. now)
She had NOW shifted from being POed at T. Blair for "siding" w/ Bush to supporting this war on general random terror. Better late than never. Hopefully that will be the way most of the world viws this.
This is going to eventually tie directly into Iraq.
I was away from the TV for awhile but, I heard the Egypt's Top Envoy was murdered at right about the same time.

Thinking about it now I should have originally posted this thread in the Homeland Security area.
I just woke up & hit the news on & wanted to get the story posted ASAP.
So I was decently..."Not Awake Yet" & put it here. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
ya know i would say to blow these :censored: :censored: back into the sotne age but there basicly there all ready ...

Thing is about them being cowards and not wanting to join a army to fight for there country most the countrys dont have the balls to attack us only by sneak attacks can they do it

·
Registered
135 Posts
RSSZ said:
You're RIGHT Betty Terrorists are cowards. BUT---they are using a tactic(unfortunately) that is very effective. Another unfortunate thing is that other countries are going to have to expierance terrorism in their own"back yard" before we(America) will have real allies in the war on these cowards. Pepole will have to die.Economys will have to be threatened. Money will have to be spent, before we will have real friends that will help us fight the WAR. It is very sad to ponder. It's like drunk drivers. They have to kill hundreds and thousands of people on the roadways before people will not tolerate it anymore. Why does so much blood have to be shed before anything happens??---------
RSSZ, I think you hit the nail right on the head.

Notice how all the world leaders are standing together, at the G8 summit, to say how mad they are at all the terrorist of the world. Unfortunitly this solidarity will only last a week or two.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Something I heard that QK mentioned in his first post about the phone system is interesting. They had developed a plan on how to handle terrorist attacks after 9/11 and they are being given very high matks by the analysts. The loss of the phone system was intentional; they shut it down voluntarily to keep them from using wireless signals from cell phones to trigger a bomb. It appears that that could be the reason some were later found that had not been set off. They also trained many of the transportation workers to be first responders. By the time EMTs arrived, many of the victims had been stabilized. Many of the victims with lesser wounds were transported to local medical offices and doctors to relieve the load on hospitals. Evidently they had worked their plan as intended and it saved lives.

The terrorists had a small success, but quite possibly they have solidified their own demise. At some point people are going to say "we're mad as hell and we're not going to take it any more." I hope it's now....

·
Administrator
143,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bumper

I never thought about terrorists using a cell phone signal to set off remote bombs.
So....I sure do see the logic now in them shutting off all cell phone transmissions.
At the same time we (the good guys) should all be aware of the fact that in a National Crisis or terror attack we may NOT be able to depend on our cell phones to call for help or medical assistance or to give phone instructions to family members.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Cell phones probably were not used to set off the subway bombs because they do not work underground. I called a friend over in London last night to see if she was ok. We talked about this and she said the London underground subway system is not a good place to be if you are expecting a phone call on your cell. Here in the DC metro area it's the same way. Ride on the metro outside and you get a good cell signal. When you enter the tunnels your phone craps out and you can't get a signal again untill you emerge back above ground.

For bus bombs, a cell phone detonator or pager would work good. The bad guys in Iraq use those small motorola radios, wireless house phones, garage door openers, etc.. Jamming this stuff is easy but the problem is that you jam everyone else too. If you jam everyone and shut down all the telecomunication devices then the bad guys get the effect they want by disrupting our lives.

·
Registered
868 Posts
QK appreciate your thoughts and comments on the cell phone use to set off bombs. As to jamming cell phones to inhibit setting them off I read an article where txi cabs over there in Afganistan use jmmers so road bombs are not set off, sounds like a good thing to me. The military will have to work around communications to save our boy's lives with those bombs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts