Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
And now for the floor vote.
Need to disallow cities from passing laws that negate state laws.
The Texas Constitution already makes that illegal. Some politicians are so arrogant that they do it anyway. The problems arise for them when someone they have attempted to charge, goes to another jurisdiction with an appeal.

We Texans have long simmered over the prohibition on carrying a knife named after one of our greatest heroes: Jim Bowie. Nothing personal, but such a ban is downright Commiefornia. :mad:

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Waiting for those reduced fees, gotta renew by September.
And I forgot HB 905, which repeals local knife ordinances more restrictive than state law and ensures that the repeal of the Texas ban on switchblade—automatic—knives that passed last session will now be the law throughout the state. Effective 9/1/2015

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I've lived in Texas, traveled Texas & greatly enjoy (most) native Texans. They're a lot like Kentucky & Tennessee folks...with a better tan. This sort of legislation-reversal warms my heart. The Nanny Goat leftists may yet be un-welcomed TOURIST in places with the tenacity & fortitude to...run 'em OFF! :congrats:

Reactions: baren and OldChap

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
My only sentiment:

:danceban: :danceban: :danceban: :danceban:

·
Registered
672 Posts
So correct me if I'm wrong but when this goes into effect at that time will the Benchmade Infidel become legal to carry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,736 Posts
The House 131-1 and the Senate 30-1 passed HB1935. Now waiting for the Gov to sign it or just let it sit for 20 days and it becomes a law, effective 1 Sept 17. This will be a Great day for Texans and visitors!
The bill also explicitly makes the Mossberg Shockwave and the Remington Tac 14 firearms legal in Texas. There had been a grey area before that. And nobody wanted to be the test case on a third degree felony. All you needed was the wrong gun in the wrong jurisdiction and an anti-prosecutor (Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin) and you were hosed.

·
Registered
672 Posts
The bill also explicitly makes the Mossberg Shockwave and the Remington Tac 14 firearms legal in Texas. There had been a grey area before that. And nobody wanted to be the test case on a third degree felony. All you needed was the wrong gun in the wrong jurisdiction and an anti-prosecutor (Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin) and you were hosed.
Thats awesome! So is that a 10-4 on the Infidel being legal to carry now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
The Texas Constitution already makes that illegal. Some politicians are so arrogant that they do it anyway. The problems arise for them when someone they have attempted to charge, goes to another jurisdiction with an appeal.

We Texans have long simmered over the prohibition on carrying a knife named after one of our greatest heroes: Jim Bowie. Nothing personal, but such a ban is downright Commiefornia. :mad:
I have always wondered about laws like that. Reminds me about a time I was traveling for work and carrying my pistol when the ticket counter lady saw my spiderco and said "you can't have that knife, its against FAA rules". I said "Lady I am carrying a pistol.... my pocketknife is pretty insignificant".

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have always wondered about laws like that. Reminds me about a time I was traveling for work and carrying my pistol when the ticket counter lady saw my spiderco and said "you can't have that knife, its against FAA rules". I said "Lady I am carrying a pistol.... my pocketknife is pretty insignificant".
Like Jack Nicholson said,"I an the ______ Shore Patrol... Oh, for the good old days. Years ago getting on a plane at Houston Hobby, I was carrying a Spyderco Police Model. I dropped it in the little basket with my change and car keys and the little young lady checking eyes got huge. She open it up and holding each end with one finger and thumb shouted at the head man manning the checkpoint. It looked about 3 foot long the way she was holding it. He looked at the knife and looked me, looked at me and then the knife, and nodded OK. I could just read his mind he was thinking, "He is a ******* it is ok."

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
And now for the floor vote.
Need to disallow cities from passing laws that negate state laws.
That is so true, look at Austin and numerous other cities. You could still be breaking laws from another century.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts