Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined DC, and you guys know your stuff!

I have seen several reference that it's legal for a business owner
to open-carry, or authorize employees to do so.

Where's the legal reference, if you don't mind?

I've checked the Texas Penal Code, and other sites, but can't find anything to "prove-up" this advice.

Please assist by posting the reference (or link).
I'm going to print it out, laminate it, and get ready for LE to show up (after being called by a customer, etc.).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, AshTXSniper, but I'm going to need something verifiable! You know how LE is in Texas! I need to have the law printed out and waiting for 'em!

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Texas penal code below
PC 46.02: (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his person a handgun, illegal knife, or club if the person is not: (1) on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control;...

PC 46.15: (b) Section 46.02 does not apply to a person who:
(1)...[not relevant]
(2) is on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control unless the person is an employee or agent of the owner.....

Reactions: Snub44

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woo-hoo, dukalmighty!

I can see why you're a "VIP member"!

I'll print out the code and get 'em ready!

Thanks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks, AshTXSniper, but I'm going to need something verifiable! You know how LE is in Texas! I need to have the law printed out and waiting for 'em!
Yeah I know how they are I am one. You dont have to worry about me though if your in my area I will help you express your rights any way possible.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Give 'em a good cleaning and load 'em up...you're good to go.:comeandgetsome::yup::king:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In additional to my detective agency, day-to-day ops are dealing with those who have been "repo'ed" by agents of my other business. I try not to get involved in those irate individuals (as I pay my office manager & his assistant to deal with those folks). It will be interesting when I do have to get involved with a profanity-spewing dude who I hear threating my staff, when I exit my office to "assist" with an open-carried P226. I'll bet the conversation goes like this:
Me: "Is there a problem here?"
Threat: "No, Sir!"

·
Registered
286 Posts
In additional to my detective agency, day-to-day ops are dealing with those who have been "repo'ed" by agents of my other business. I try not to get involved in those irate individuals (as I pay my office manager & his assistant to deal with those folks). It will be interesting when I do have to get involved with a profanity-spewing dude who I hear threating my staff, when I exit my office to "assist" with an open-carried P226. I'll bet the conversation goes like this:
Me: "Is there a problem here?"
Threat: "No, Sir!"
Your employees should OC also...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay, so just to be clear...

Texas penal code below
PC 46.02: (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his person a handgun, illegal knife, or club if the person is not: (1) on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control;...

(1)...[not relevant]
(2) is on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control unless the person is an employee or agent of the owner.....
If I own a business, but LEASE a building, myself, or any of MY employees can open carry?

·
Registered
41,613 Posts
OP, be aware that it may not be legal to OC from your business to your car in the parking spot in a "common use" parking area such as a strip mall or other place where your "place of business" does not include the parking area in the title. That is the case here in FL--your business is okay; the common parking lot is not.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...would you please check the cite you used for 46.15...the one in the CHL16 and the TX website read quite differently...
PENAL CODE**CHAPTER 46. WEAPONS

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/internetforms/forms/chl-16.pdf

Texas penal code below

(1)...[not relevant]
...I believe you have an older version and (2) finished out by saying something about "...whose duties are primarily security"... or something like that...

·
Registered
6,971 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
If I own a business, but LEASE a building, myself, or any of MY employees can open carry?
Leasing is the same as owning. As long as your rent is current, it is your place of residence, business etc.

Just as leasing an apartment, of course you can wear a gun openly inside that apartment.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts