Defensive Carry banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Tennessee and have a TN HCP. I know that both Arkansas and Texas have reciprocity, so I am not worried about the driving part. My cousin has a boat and we are going to go fishing in Galveston Bay. Does anyone have or can refer me to some statute that covers me while carrying on his boat?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Can't recall specific statutes regarding carry in a boat. Bottom line is (you've read it a million times) concealed means concealed.
Hope the fish are biting!

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
From handgunlaw.us (http://handgunlaw.us/states/texas.pdf):

A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about
his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the
person's control at any time in which:
(1) the handgun is in plain view
; or
(2) the person is:
(A) engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of
a law or ordinance regulating traffic or boating;
(B) prohibited by law from possessing a firearm; or
(C) a member of a criminal street gang, as defined by Section 71.01

Like OldGringo said: keep it concealed.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Guys!! Tuesday is my 58th birthday and I can hardly wait. I am taking my 15 year old grandson with me. I don't believe he has ever been on a boat.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
If you travel across with the Galveston ferry,they do random searches of vehicles. They have never checked me,seem to pick on people in their 70's and above. Not sure what they ask for,I.D. maybe.They walk around the car with a mirror on a stick of some type. My understanding is the ferry is considered a continuation of the roadway in Texas so I never worried about it. Never saw any signs related to guns on the ferry. Of course,I don't have any guns,just here for research.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mr. Stuart, I don't think we are taking the ferry, it should not be a problem. Thanks.

Reactions: mr.stuart
1 - 6 of 6 Posts