Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent my CHL packet in at the first of Feb., and am still waiting!
Their website still says "processing application". A few weeks after I sent it in, they sent one of my photos back because it wasnt signed, but I quickly got it back to them. (I could have sworn it said to "place the unsigned photo in the holder" and sign one- but I could be wrong). Only thing on my record was a first offense DWI, but that was disclosed on the app. and more than 5 years ago, so it was not a disqualifying offense. Anyone else in Texas take this long?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Seven weeks is pretty typical.

I sent in my application in mid-February and got my CHL in early April.

If they sent your photo back, the clock may have restarted. YMMV.

Bill

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
I got mine 59 days after mailing.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Texas used to have a 45 day lead time. They have now extended it to 60 days, IIRC.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Mine took just short of the allowed 60 days. I think it was 58 days (actual days, not business days).

·
Registered
341 Posts
My wife and I sent our packets in early Feb. She was notified one of the pictures was missng and resubmitted. My CHL came before the end of March and hers was a couple weeks later.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update!- I just got off the phone with them after checking the website this morning and it said "No application/certificate active"! Well of course this freaked me out, so I call and they transfer to the guy that has my file and he said "everything looks ok, since you called I'll get it out today- it could take 5-7 days to receive it"-
He then said that they did lose some people in the office as posted earlier- so if your in my position, call them, and be nice! (I had two emails to them ignored by the way!)

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Good to hear...another fellow Texas packing with a CHL :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts