Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Comal County, TX deputy was shot late last night when answering a call about a suicidal person with a gun.

Both the deputy and the shooter were airlifted to the hospital, but word of their conditions has not been released.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Tragic. I hope the deputy's wounds are non-life threatening and that he will recover rather quickly.

Reactions: becka

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
"Suicidal" but attempts to take folks with him.

If he truly was, he should have topped himself and been done with it. Instead, he chose to harm others.

Stick it to him, for attempted murder.

Don't want a murder rap and the cushy three-hots-and-a-cot that goes with that? Don't harm others.

·
Premium Member
4,792 Posts
I hope the deputy is ok. The other guy should have just ended it himself and saved everyone else the hassle.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
This reinforces my belief that telling an armed bad guy/gal to freeze is just a good way to get shot. You give all the initiative to them and you are in the position to react instead of act. Result? Trained armed deputy gets shot.

What do you think happens to a civilian who does not often face an armed perp? As long as the civilian has the proper mindset they are ready. If not... (and the civilian likely WON'T be wearing body armor like the deputy).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts