Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a terribly sad story. I just don't understand how a parent can get to this point.

Texas gun control activist shoots her three children dead

A mother in Texas was found dead alongside her three children on Friday in an apparent triple murder-suicide.

Ashley Auzenne, 39, was known to have been battling depression and anxiety in addition to physical ailments such as arthritis and lupus at the time of her death, which was ruled as a suicide by a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Her three children, Parrish, 11, Eleanor, 9, and Lincoln, 7, were also killed by gunshots and their mother is the only suspect. She had just finalized a contentious divorce from their father, Murvin Auzenne Jr.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/a-waste-texas-gun-control-activist-shoots-her-three-children-dead-in-murder-suicide?fbclid=IwAR1k_Pw6HZs_muWcQi_1DKdCqOsaE6815vzScx40Eq96jXINOW1mVfDWB68

·
Super Moderator
23,216 Posts
Tragic! I wonder how much of her anti-gun stance was simply a classic case of Projection.
Classic projection born out tragically

·
Registered
804 Posts
...I wonder how much of her anti-gun stance was simply a classic case of Projection.
Classic projection born out tragically
I agree with both of you.
Projection is what much "gun control" fanaticism is born of.

Someone who is projecting his/her feelings says: "This is what I'd do, if I had a gun. Therefore, it's what you will do also. So we have to take your guns away."

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
I agree with both of you.
Projection is what much "gun control" fanaticism is born of.

Someone who is projecting his/her feelings says: "This is what I'd do, if I had a gun. Therefore, it's what you will do also. So we have to take your guns away."
Absolutely! I had a previous boss with this thought process.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
The sad part is, if she had loaded up her car with all her kids and ran head on into an 18 wheeler, nobody would ever hear about this.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
The sad part is, if she had loaded up her car with all her kids and ran head on into an 18 wheeler, nobody would ever hear about this.
Certainly not on the national stage.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
I'm curious if anyone else in the Houston area heard anything about this? The "ABC 13" source for the original story has apparently buried it pretty well. I don't see anyone else locally reporting it - but maybe I just missed it.

October 29th....another day I am so glad I'm both retired and not working for any local PD. She, had she possessed even an ounce of sanity, could have given the children away rather than slaughter them.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
I'm curious if anyone else in the Houston area heard anything about this? The "ABC 13" source for the original story has apparently buried it pretty well. I don't see anyone else locally reporting it - but maybe I just missed it.

October 29th....another day I am so glad I'm both retired and not working for any local PD. She, had she possessed even an ounce of sanity, could have given the children away rather than slaughter them.
I haven’t seen anything on tv, but I’ve only watched a little of the news the last few days anyway. There are a few articles online from local sources.

Sad indeed. Why didn't a relative or someone "red flag" her? Surely someone had a inkling.
Because we don’t have red flag laws. This doesn’t mean we should either.

And we gun owners are the evil ones.
This just proves how evil the gun grabbers are.
You got a problem, off yourself.
Leave the kids out of your crap show
Since she had a gun she is now one of “us” in the eyes of the left, aided by other gun owners who think one person can represent 100 million people all because they own a gun.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Havok, I agree with you and that is why I put "red flag" in quotes. None the less, someone should have seen that she needed help and got involved. This is an instance where, as far as we can see from what has been given (no doubt there is more to the story) that mental health, not guns, is the issue that should be addressed at the family, community, and national level.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts

O.C. It was all over Channel 2 for several days. Happened in Deer Park. I also thought for sure they said there were several guns in the house, when first reported, but I can't find that report. Here's link to the KPRC report.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/3-children-1-adult-found-dead-inside-deer-park-home-police-say

1 - 20 of 28 Posts