Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Texas LEO Humor-I borrowed this from another forum, it is really a tribute to one persons gift to find humor on the job. I hope he does not mind.
Richard
===========

If your hat, belt and boots cost more than your sidearm.

If you know what a 'court gun' is.

If you have a 'court gun'.

If directions to a location involve livestock, property descriptions, or the words "When you get off the pavement."

If the winner of the last three bar room brawls was last years Homecoming Queen.

Dressing up for court involves pressed Wranglers and a Brushpopper shirt.

If anyone on the Department is named 'Bubba'.

If you don't know Bubba's real name.

If Bubba is his real name.

If you've ever gotten a confession from a critter by threatening him with either his Mama or God.

If your interview for the job involved the question: "Can you take a whuppin'?"

If you have more weapons and ammunition in your cruiser than most small nations have in their armies.

If you've ever had an 'Officer Involved Shooting' where the victim was a feral hog or other four-pawed critter with an appetite.

If the calibre of your sidearm is regarded as an artillery round in Europe.

You've ever had to mediate a dispute concerning the paternity of a litter of puppies.

If you have the impression that the Feds regard your department as being marginally more civilized than the Viking Hordes.

If you think all back-up is 30 miles away and asleep in bed.

If you've ever gone to an emergency wearing only your hat, pajamas, gun and boots.

If spurs are a department-issued item.

Sigh.
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

LawDog

If the doors on your patrol car a welded shut.

If you have Yosemite Sam mud flaps on your pick-up.

If you have an eight track in your patrol car

Roscoe

·
Registered
686 Posts
Nice one 45....

on a similar note...I heard one of my other agency's ambulances on the radio the other day. (They were transporting a patient at the time...)

"Headquarters, be advised, on Rt. 519, near Halsey Rd, there are several dozen cows standing in the middle of the road. Do you think you could get someone out here to take care of it..."

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty good Firefighter, sometimes the humor does show through and everyone gets a smile on!!! If I recall down your way there used to be a small airport years ago. I rode dirt bikes through the pines, interesting to see the stage coach trails and "pinehawkers" down that way!!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
CombatEffective...

When you say down my way...do you mean near Glassboro? or near Newton? You wouldn't be talking about Sussex Airport by chance would you?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Firefighter-that was me on the airport question, I may be screwedup as to location of things. :smile:

·
Registered
686 Posts
ooooops...i blame it on the only get 3.5 hours of sleep last night

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is kinda funny when that happens where you receive a note intended for someone else. Just the fact you had to think about it means some grey matter has past under the bridge. :smile:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Huhm? Check, check, check................................. uh huh........... yep.

Okay, it's official, all of the above have applied to me at one point or another.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK S.O., wipe all that BBQ sauce from them dress shoes and get back to work, lots of BG's out there. :smile:

·
Registered
574 Posts
FortyFive said:
Texas LEO Humor-I borrowed this from another forum, it is really a tribute to one persons gift to find humor on the job. I hope he does not mind.
Richard
===========

Ok, so if you have all the stuff listed in the first message that means what?

Sorry for asking, but I'm just a poor old Yankee in Michigan. ;)

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Al, you will just have to excuse another yankee, what did I mess up here??? I was directing a pun to member S.O. being good natured about it. Ask me again I am really slow today. :smile:

·
Registered
574 Posts
FortyFive said:
Hi Al, you will just have to excuse another yankee, what did I mess up here??? I was directing a pun to member S.O. being good natured about it. Ask me again I am really slow today. :smile:
Well, it's just that your first post started out like this:
Richard
===========

If you know what a 'court gun' is.
Now, usually jokes like this start out "You must be a xxx" and then it's "if your hat, belt and boots cost more than your sidearm."

So, would the proper way for your joke to start be "You must be a Texas lawman..." ??

Thanks,

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, I think I see what your saying, hell I am glad someone took the time to participate in the thread. Take care Al, nice talking with you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts