Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the hardest working Texans for Gun Rights is Terry Holcomb Sr. His efforts had State Law recognize our rights to carry in State, County and local Government Buildings. Waller County is in the process of personally suing Mr. Holcomb for his WHISTLE BLOWING efforts in reporting abuses by Local Governments, thus garnishing fines from the State for not following the law.

QUOTE FROM WALLER COUNTY PROTEST(Facebook Page)

" Enough is enough! It's bad enough Waller County thinks it can flaunt state law and treat gun owners like violent felons and pariahs, it's a completely different level of tyranny to sue a citizen for exercising his 1st amendment-protected rights to seek redress against government oppression.

Like us, Texas Carry has been aggressively pursuing government entitites that we believe wrongly exclude handgun licence holder from certain government buildings. Terry Holcomb, Texas Carry Executive Director, has done so peacefully and according to the rules set in place by the legislature through the office of the attorney general of Texas. However, the Waller County DA has decided that, instead of working through the process with the AG as described by law, he is going to sue a private citizen for daring to file a complaint and are asking that the court force Holcomb to fork $100,000 in "damages" for doing so.

Folks, this is the kind of tyrannical nonsense that our nation went to war with King George over and we CANNOT allow it to go unanswered in our Great State. Therefore, we are going to hold a peaceful open carry protst at the Waller County Courthouse and put the DA on notice that we will not allow this corrupt county to stifle free speech, maintain the inherent authority of the people over their government, and exercise our ability to hold that government accountable. There is a process the County can use to answer to the complaints filed by Holcomb and it doesn't include suing a private citizen into bankruptcy using taxpayer funds.

Read the story here: http://www.houstonpress.com/news/waller-county-sues-gun-activist-over-courthouse-ban-8631232"

Ill be at that protest

Friday 8/12 2016 at 1 PM - 4 PM

Waller County Courthouse
836 Austin St, Hempstead, Texas 77445

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/Waller+County+Courthouse,+836+Austin+St,+Hempstead,+TX+77445/@30.0978454,-96.1472002,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x8646b5ef3652a58f:0x8b5db1e6785f8a03!2m2!1d-96.07716!2d30.097864

·
Premium Member
4,605 Posts
Wish I could be there, but I've got this this work thing(ugh). Glad you can go, Kennydale!

·
Registered
417 Posts
What a steaming load of bovine scat. That's just pathetic and disgusting. Wish I could be there.

Reactions: Kennydale

·
Super Moderator
23,565 Posts
So, Waller County sued.

Off camera, the district attorney says it’s not about money.

It’s a plea for a judge to decide who’s right and who’s wrong.

He calls Holcomb’s claims “a bunch of dribble.”

Still, Holcomb believes this suit is all about retaliation, and he’s ready to fight back.

“I’m fighting for all of Texas, and I’m not going to cow down to their fear tactics or their bully tactics, or them acting like thugs,” Holcomb said. “I’m going to treat them like thugs. We’re going to take this fight to them.”
It's about intimidation. It is about Due Process.

Waller County should wait until action against the Texas AG has run its' course.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update: NOTE: please focus on the main issue. I realize terry Holcomb and C.J. Grisham have some controversy that follows them.
Terry Holcomb addresses the crowd (maybe 30-40 people showed up)

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
C. J. Grisham introduces Terry Holcomb

Sorry about camera angle , I thought it auto rotates?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts