Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sheriff Doc Wigington of Throckmorton County, Texas is taking heat for his statement that cops should not have to raise and deal with kids that parents did not raise properly by teaching them how to act and how to deal with authority figures.
He also had some words for all the armchair Police out there telling cops how to better use force like the less lethal leg shot. Throckmorton County is Northwest of Fort Worth.

·
Registered
42,133 Posts
Truth hurts.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Most of the criminals today come from totally dysfunctional non-parent households. The bio "parents" probably came from the same kind.
Yet somehow this behavior is accepted and encouraged. It is no secret, most people know it. Why would chaos, unsafe and economic decline in big cities, and a 'restructuring' of police be desired? I have a few ideas but they don't make sense. And they don't make a prosperous country.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Most of the criminals today come from totally dysfunctional non-parent households. The bio "parents" probably came from the same kind.
that's okay. bio parents aren't needed. it takes a village. actually, hillary pre-dated the BLM agenda by what, 20 years? one of their stated purposes is to end the nuclear family. i'm not sure they realize it's already been achieved in the black community; last time i checked the data, about 75% of black children were being raised in a one-parent household. for those kids, maybe it really DOES take a village

and from what i've read, you're first sentence is right. one of the two major indicators of future potential criminal behavior is growing up in a one-parent household. the other is poverty, iirc

·
Registered
42,133 Posts
that's okay. bio parents aren't needed. it takes a village. actually, hillary pre-dated the BLM agenda by what, 20 years? one of their stated purposes is to end the nuclear family. i'm not sure they realize it's already been achieved in the black community; last time i checked the data, about 75% of black children were being raised in a one-parent household. for those kids, maybe it really DOES take a village

and from what i've read, you're right. one of the two major indicators of future potential criminal behavior is growing up in a one-parent household. the other is poverty, iirc
Unfortunately in too many cases, that village is gangland village.

Reactions: baren

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

and from what i've read, you're first sentence is right. one of the two major indicators of future potential criminal behavior is growing up in a one-parent household. the other is poverty, iirc
The only thing the village can raise is the village idiot

·
Premium Member
36,961 Posts
Sheriff Doc Wigington of Throckmorton County, Texas is taking heat for his statement that cops should not have to raise and deal with kids that parents did not raise properly by teaching them how to act and how to deal with authority figures.
He also had some words for all the armchair Police out there telling cops how to better use force like the less lethal leg shot. Throckmorton County is Northwest of Fort Worth.

Throckmorton County, Texas--

Population (estimated, 2019), 1500, 95% white.

I'm thinking Sheriff Doc hasn't garnered much media attention until this. I'm also thinking he doesn't have his thumb squarely on the pulse of mainstream America.

·
Registered
42,133 Posts
Throckmorton County, Texas--

Population (estimated, 2019), 1500, 95% white.

I'm thinking Sheriff Doc hasn't garnered much media attention until this. I'm also thinking he doesn't have his thumb squarely on the pulse of mainstream America.
I suspect Doc isn't worried so much about the pulse of mainstream America, just that of mainstream Throckmorton County.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts